- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 2 months ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 3 months ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 3 months ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 3 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 3 months ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 3 months ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 3 months ago
- Smart AquariumPosted 4 months ago
- Wearable ProjectionPosted 4 months ago
- Write programs with the Arduino Web EditorPosted 4 months ago
DIY an Amazing 3D POV Holographic Display!
POV Displays move through the air at a high enough speed to trick your eyes into thinking that a sequence of flashing lights is actually a solid image. Though interesting enough in two dimensions, LED Instructable maker “Gelstronic” decided to add more depth to his display, stacking 12 LED-enabled circuit boards in a helical pattern.
PropHelix can create a light display in not two, but three dimensions.
PropHelix’s LED pattern is controlled by an also-spinning Propeller board, powered by a wireless charging setup normally seen used with mobile phones. An Arduino Pro Mini in the base of the assembly takes care of making things spin at the correct speed via a multicopter-style ESC and brushless motor, while an encoder handles feedback.
All you need for this project is:
For the drive shaft:
- 4 pcs. screw M4x40 with 8 nuts and washers4pcs.
- M3x15 screw for mounting the motor to the plate
- metal/alu plate 1-2mm, 60x80mm, or another material for mounting the motor
- 3pcs. M3x15 screw for mounting actuator on the motor
- Brushless Motor with three M3 holes for actuators (shaft optional/not needed)
- ESC 10A or more, look at motor specs
For the ESC:
- Arduino Pro Mini
- Encoder with button (for regulating the speed)
For the rotor
- M5x80 screw with two nuts and several washers
- 1m 144 APA 102 LED (24 Stripes a 6pcs.)
- Electrolytic capacitor 1000µF 10V
- TLE 4905L Hall sensor + magnet
- pull-up resistor 10k,1k
- 12V Wireless Charger Module 5V Power Supply + Heatsink (20x20x20mm)
- 3 pcs. strip matrix PCB, 160×100 mm
- Breadboard, 50×100 mm for the microcontroller
- good glue, that the stripes don’t fly away
- heat shrink tube
- Power Supply 12V 2-3A DC