- Segstick: Build Your Own Self-Balancing Vehicle in Just 2 Days with ArduinoPosted 2 weeks ago
- ZSWatch: An Open-Source Smartwatch Project Based on the Zephyr Operating SystemPosted 1 month ago
- What is IoT and which devices to usePosted 1 month ago
- Maker Faire Rome Unveils Thrilling “Padel Smash Future” Pavilion for Sports EnthusiastsPosted 2 months ago
- Make your curtains smartPosted 2 months ago
- Configuring an ESP8266 for Battery PowerPosted 2 months ago
- Creating a Telegram Bot for ESP32Posted 2 months ago
- Mini Course on BlynkPosted 2 months ago
- Creating a Unique Electronic Musical Instrument: The Sound WallPosted 2 months ago
- Building a Laser MicroscopePosted 2 months ago
Contactless Thermometer using Arduino with SD card temperature logger
In this project we are going to learn how to build an infrared based non-contact thermometer which can be utilized for screening people at schools, offices, shopping malls etc. for abnormal body temperature which could be a sign of contagious diseases.
The proposed non-contact thermometer can measure body temperature of a person at forehead and records it in a text file on a SD card with time and temperature. If a person has abnormal body temperature the machine will alert by beeping.
Non-contact thermometers are best for measuring body temperature quickly and accurately for initial temperature screening of a person. Unlike contact based thermometers, non-contact based thermometers carry very low risk of spreading communal disease while utilizing it, which makes it very suitable for mass screening of hundreds or even thousands of people quickly.