- Environmental monitoring with uChipPosted 6 days ago
- ARDULEGO KIT: create with Lego and ArduinoPosted 3 weeks ago
- Share & Discover by PCBWayPosted 4 weeks ago
- ENERGY METER IOTPosted 1 month ago
- Energy Meter GSM with Arduino (part 2)Posted 2 months ago
- Energy Meter GSM with Arduino (part 1)Posted 2 months ago
- ARDULOCK: a keyboard with RFID modulePosted 2 months ago
- Autofocus Glasses/Phoropter Using Variable Focus Liquid LensPosted 4 months ago
- Home Automation & Lights controlling SystemPosted 4 months ago
- Solar TrackerPosted 5 months ago
Arduino IDE 1.6 is released after two years waiting! Download it now!
After almost two years of development, Arduino released its IDE 1.6. A lot of changes have been made thanks to the huge work of developers and, above all, thanks to the support of makers and passionate community that reported all the issues and, often, helped finding solutions.
Among all the big changes that you can find listed below, a big relevance has been given to small adjustments that make every maker’s life easier, like the “line numbering”, the “add library option”, some improvement on “error messages” and the auto-recognition of Arduino board type connected!
“We are glad to say that 1.6.0 includes a lot of new features. Here is a not so brief list of them:
- Support for multiple platforms
- Boards are detected and listed on “ports list” menu together with the serial port
- Drivers and IDE are now signed for Windows and MacOSX
- Improved speed of build process
- Autosave when compiling/uploading sketch
- A lot of improvements of the serial monitor (faster, backed by modern JSSC serial library instead of old RXTX)
- Find/replace over multiple tabs
- Improved lots of Arduino API libraries (String, Serial, Print, etc.)
- Tools & toolchains upgrades (avr-gcc, arm-gcc, avrdude, bossac)
- Command line interface
- IDE reports both sketch size and static RAM usage
- Editor shows line numbers
- Scrollable menus when many entries are listed
- Upload via network (Yún)
- HardwareSerial has been improved
- USB has got some stability and performance improvements
- SPI library now supports “transactions” for better interoperability when using multiple SPI devices at the same time
- Better support to 3rd party hardware vendors with configuration files (platform.txt and boards.txt)
- Submenus with board configuration can now be defined
- Fix for upload problems on Leonardo, Micro and Yún.
- Libraries bundled with Arduino have been improved and bugfixed, in particular: Bridge, TFT, Ethernet, Robot_Control, SoftwareSerial, GSM
- A lot of minor bugs of the user interface have been fixed”
You can download it from the new download section.