- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 3 days ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 1 week ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 4 weeks ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 1 month ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 1 month ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 1 month ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 1 month ago
- Smart AquariumPosted 1 month ago
- Wearable ProjectionPosted 1 month ago
- Write programs with the Arduino Web EditorPosted 1 month ago
Arduino Automation & Robotics Contest: Help the Industry 4.0 Development
Arduino has today launched a global contest that challenges users of its open-source electronics platform to create innovative products that help advance the development of Industry 4.0 automation and robotics applications. The contest is being run in partnership with electronics and automation distributor Distrelec, and is hosted at the Arduino Project Hub.
Contestants are required to tap into the extensive range of boards, libraries and online platform available within the Arduino ecosystem. Project ideas for use in industrial automation could target remote control, energy management or predictive maintenance, for example, using the Arduino Create Cloud platform to set up, control and connect Arduino-, Intel®- and Arm®-based devices. Robotics projects could include designs for surveillance drones, robotic arms, rovers, or self-drive transportation, using boards such as the Arduino MKR1000 or Arduino Due to read sensors and control motors and actuators for prototyping advanced robotics systems.
During the first ideas phase of the contest, which involves concept creation, bill of materials, schematics and code, there will be a series of micro contests, with weekly prizes handed out from supporting companies RND Group and Seeed Studio. Contestants selected to proceed to the second ‘build’ phase will each be awarded a Distrelec voucher to the value of 75 Euro to spend on Distrelec online store. Phase 2 contestants will compete to execute their concepts and present a working solution. The final winning entries will receive:
1st place: Trip to Rome Maker Faire on October 12, 2018, plus a Keithley Tabletop Multimeter
2nd place: Weller Soldering Station and accessories
3rd -10th place: Seeed Studio Grove Starter Kit
The deadline for ideas and concepts is June 29, 2018; the deadline to submit full projects is September 16, 2018. The final winners will be announced on October 1, 2018.