- Make your curtains smartPosted 2 days ago
- Configuring an ESP8266 for Battery PowerPosted 5 days ago
- Creating a Telegram Bot for ESP32Posted 6 days ago
- Mini Course on BlynkPosted 7 days ago
- Creating a Unique Electronic Musical Instrument: The Sound WallPosted 1 week ago
- Building a Laser MicroscopePosted 1 week ago
- Grand Piano Keys with ArduinoPosted 2 weeks ago
- Wireless Power TransferPosted 2 weeks ago
- Robot Punchers with ArduinoPosted 2 weeks ago
- A minimal 3D-printed scalePosted 2 weeks ago
Arduino and Raspberry Pi Powered Pet Monitoring System
Recently while on vacation, we realized the lack of connection with our pet Beagle. After some research, we found products that featured a static camera that allowed one to monitor and communicate with one’s pet. These systems had certain benefits but lacked versatility. For example, each room required a unit to keep track of your pet across the house.
Therefore we developed a robust robot that can maneuver around the house and can monitor one’s pet using the power of the internet of things. A smartphone app was designed to interact with your pet via a live video feed. The chassis of the robot is digitally fabricated as several parts were created using 3D printing and laser cutting. Finally, we decided to add a bonus feature that dispensed treats to reward your pet.
Follow on to create your own pet monitoring system and maybe even customize it for your requirements.