- Terminus FE1.1 USB hub board: the solution to connect four USB devicesPosted 2 months ago
- Understanding the Mechanics of 3D PrintingPosted 4 months ago
- SDS011 the Air Quality SensorPosted 5 months ago
- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 8 months ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 8 months ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 9 months ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 9 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 9 months ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 9 months ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 9 months ago
Arduino and Raspberry Pi Powered Pet Monitoring System
Recently while on vacation, we realized the lack of connection with our pet Beagle. After some research, we found products that featured a static camera that allowed one to monitor and communicate with one’s pet. These systems had certain benefits but lacked versatility. For example, each room required a unit to keep track of your pet across the house.
Therefore we developed a robust robot that can maneuver around the house and can monitor one’s pet using the power of the internet of things. A smartphone app was designed to interact with your pet via a live video feed. The chassis of the robot is digitally fabricated as several parts were created using 3D printing and laser cutting. Finally, we decided to add a bonus feature that dispensed treats to reward your pet.
Follow on to create your own pet monitoring system and maybe even customize it for your requirements.