- Terminus FE1.1 USB hub board: the solution to connect four USB devicesPosted 2 months ago
- Understanding the Mechanics of 3D PrintingPosted 4 months ago
- SDS011 the Air Quality SensorPosted 5 months ago
- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 8 months ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 9 months ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 9 months ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 9 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 9 months ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 9 months ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 9 months ago
Airbnb announces Aerosolve, an open-source machine learning software package
Home-rental company Airbnb introduced a new open-source project called Aerosolve.
The new tool, announced at Airbnb’s 2015 OpenAir developer conference in San Francisco, powers new pricing tips for hosts. Written mostly in the Java and Scala programming languages, Aerosolve can also more intelligently rank and order things like images.
“This library is meant to be used with sparse, interpretable features such as those that commonly occur in search (search keywords, filters) or pricing (number of rooms, location, price),” Airbnb wrote in a description of the project on GitHub. “It is not as interpretable with problems with very dense non-human interpretable features such as raw pixels or audio samples.”
Airbnb engineers contribute to several open-source projects, like Apache Mesos, and they’ve also released their own projects for the rest of the world to use. Earlier this year Airbnb open-sourced its Airpal web user interface built on top of the PrestoDB open-source database. Aerosolve is the next step in turning Airbnb into a major open-source player, on par with Facebook (which created PrestoDB), LinkedIn, Netflix, Twitter, and other companies.
Airbnb also announced Airflow, a new open-source tool for creating and monitoring data pipelines. Learn more about Airflow in this blog post.
And there’s a new website where Airbnb is showing off all of its open-source projects: Airbnb.io.
Source: Airbnb announces Aerosolve, an open-source machine learning software package