- RandA PhotoSharing: Are you a Maker?Posted 1 week ago
- GestIC Meets Raspberry Pi: gesture recognition with Raspberry PiPosted 2 weeks ago
- Gestic Meets Arduino: gesture recognition with ArduinoPosted 2 weeks ago
- Fishino pinout is available!Posted 3 weeks ago
- FISHINO: Arduino becomes wirelessPosted 3 weeks ago
- Boar’s Board, something wild is making its way into the world of electronicsPosted 3 weeks ago
- Microsoft & Open Source: the Odd CouplePosted 4 weeks ago
- The Drink Maker: Open Sourcing your Cocktail!Posted 1 month ago
- ArdIR a programmable and remotely manageable Infrared control with ArduinoPosted 1 month ago
- BOAR’S PIGLET 01: our newborn multi-axis development boardPosted 1 month ago
ESA wants to create a Lunar Base with 3D printing
“Setting up a lunar base could be made much simpler by using a 3D printer to build it from local materials. Industrial partners including renowned architects Foster + Partners have joined with ESA to test the feasibility of 3D printing using lunar soil.”
Not much surprisingly, 3D printing is being considered as the first choice in building Lunar homes.
This joint project sees ESA, Norman Foster’s studio and the 3D house printing Italian genius Enrico Dini (“The man who prints houses“) working together to create the technology that will likely let us build long term Lunar facilities.
Just few days ago has been disclosed that this technology will be used to build a Moebius Strip shaped home in the Netherlands.