- Ultrasound to aging winePosted 3 days ago
- The Walt Disney’s jewel: MagicBandPosted 4 days ago
- 2017 forecast: Up 31 Percent From 2016 of Internet of Things usedPosted 1 week ago
- Drone – The latest Intel investmentPosted 1 week ago
- A FPGA controlled RGB LED MATRIX for Incredible Effects – the HardwarePosted 2 weeks ago
- Desktop Metal, a 3D-printing with metal, coming soon!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Chinese factory replaces 90% of human workers with robots.Posted 2 weeks ago
- We’ll never seen better before!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Kitnic.it – share and build Open Source Electronics ProjectsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Let’s put all in order by color with M&Ms and Skittles sorting machine!Posted 2 weeks ago
ESA wants to create a Lunar Base with 3D printing
“Setting up a lunar base could be made much simpler by using a 3D printer to build it from local materials. Industrial partners including renowned architects Foster + Partners have joined with ESA to test the feasibility of 3D printing using lunar soil.”
Not much surprisingly, 3D printing is being considered as the first choice in building Lunar homes.
This joint project sees ESA, Norman Foster’s studio and the 3D house printing Italian genius Enrico Dini (“The man who prints houses“) working together to create the technology that will likely let us build long term Lunar facilities.
Just few days ago has been disclosed that this technology will be used to build a Moebius Strip shaped home in the Netherlands.