- Vote for the Open Source Snow Plow RobotPosted 1 day ago
- Presenting Microchip GestIC for implementing Gesture recognitionPosted 5 days ago
- Feeding power to Arduino: the ultimate guidePosted 3 weeks ago
- Push notifications from Raspberry PiPosted 3 weeks ago
- Raspberry Pi 2 or, better, “Four”!Posted 1 month ago
- Touch Display for Raspberry PiPosted 2 months ago
- ArduDisplay, when the display becomes interactive!Posted 2 months ago
- LONG-RANGE TECHNOLOGIES FOR IoTPosted 3 months ago
- 3D Scanning with Microsoft KinectPosted 3 months ago
- Get Crazy with the Smartphone controlled Skateboarding!Posted 3 months ago
ESA wants to create a Lunar Base with 3D printing
“Setting up a lunar base could be made much simpler by using a 3D printer to build it from local materials. Industrial partners including renowned architects Foster + Partners have joined with ESA to test the feasibility of 3D printing using lunar soil.”
Not much surprisingly, 3D printing is being considered as the first choice in building Lunar homes.
This joint project sees ESA, Norman Foster’s studio and the 3D house printing Italian genius Enrico Dini (“The man who prints houses“) working together to create the technology that will likely let us build long term Lunar facilities.
Just few days ago has been disclosed that this technology will be used to build a Moebius Strip shaped home in the Netherlands.