- Are you ready for the Future? Meet RandA at Maker Faire RomePosted 1 day ago
- Extending the Deadline for the 3D Contest- apply until 10/20Posted 6 days ago
- Obrary, on a challenge: marketing Open Design (or Open Source Hardware)Posted 1 week ago
- We’re at World Maker Faire this Weekend!Posted 2 weeks ago
- MatterMachine is the Third Industrial Revolution, customized for youPosted 2 weeks ago
- TiDiGino: remote control based on Arduino increases the performancePosted 3 weeks ago
- Camera Pi – How Raspberry Pi can seePosted 1 month ago
- Arduino as a programmable logic controller (PLC)Posted 1 month ago
- Red Pitaya: the opensource electronic laboratoryPosted 1 month ago
- A Robotic lawn mower powered by Solar Energy with an Arduino heartPosted 2 months ago
ESA wants to create a Lunar Base with 3D printing
“Setting up a lunar base could be made much simpler by using a 3D printer to build it from local materials. Industrial partners including renowned architects Foster + Partners have joined with ESA to test the feasibility of 3D printing using lunar soil.”
Not much surprisingly, 3D printing is being considered as the first choice in building Lunar homes.
This joint project sees ESA, Norman Foster’s studio and the 3D house printing Italian genius Enrico Dini (“The man who prints houses“) working together to create the technology that will likely let us build long term Lunar facilities.
Just few days ago has been disclosed that this technology will be used to build a Moebius Strip shaped home in the Netherlands.