- ArdIR a programmable and remotely manageable Infrared control with ArduinoPosted 7 hours ago
- BOAR’S PIGLET 01: our newborn multi-axis development boardPosted 7 days ago
- BOAR’S Board: the ultimate board!Posted 1 week ago
- From Arduino to Genuino, the reasons for a choicePosted 1 week ago
- Let’s code with STM32 NUCLEOPosted 2 weeks ago
- RandA: first application, Environmental Monitoring with WebcamPosted 1 month ago
- Vote for the Open Source Snow Plow RobotPosted 1 month ago
- Presenting Microchip GestIC for implementing Gesture recognitionPosted 1 month ago
- Feeding power to Arduino: the ultimate guidePosted 2 months ago
- Push notifications from Raspberry PiPosted 2 months ago
ESA wants to create a Lunar Base with 3D printing
“Setting up a lunar base could be made much simpler by using a 3D printer to build it from local materials. Industrial partners including renowned architects Foster + Partners have joined with ESA to test the feasibility of 3D printing using lunar soil.”
Not much surprisingly, 3D printing is being considered as the first choice in building Lunar homes.
This joint project sees ESA, Norman Foster’s studio and the 3D house printing Italian genius Enrico Dini (“The man who prints houses“) working together to create the technology that will likely let us build long term Lunar facilities.
Just few days ago has been disclosed that this technology will be used to build a Moebius Strip shaped home in the Netherlands.