- Using the GSM/GPRS & GPS Shield: call examplesPosted 1 hour ago
- Isn’t it time for Fair Trade Electronics?Posted 2 days ago
- Get in touch with your Things – SoulissPosted 8 days ago
- Facebook counter – How many Likes to your facebook fanpage?Posted 10 days ago
- How to build an Omni Wheels RobotPosted 15 days ago
- A new board for the 3Drag: there’s more than SanguinololuPosted 24 days ago
- Meet the founders! An interview with Circuits.ioPosted 27 days ago
- An ultra customizable LCD Shield for ArduinoPosted 30 days ago
- Join the FabJam! on the 4th of May!Posted 31 days ago
- Kinect for 3D scansPosted 35 days ago
ESA wants to create a Lunar Base with 3D printing
“Setting up a lunar base could be made much simpler by using a 3D printer to build it from local materials. Industrial partners including renowned architects Foster + Partners have joined with ESA to test the feasibility of 3D printing using lunar soil.”
Not much surprisingly, 3D printing is being considered as the first choice in building Lunar homes.
This joint project sees ESA, Norman Foster’s studio and the 3D house printing Italian genius Enrico Dini (“The man who prints houses“) working together to create the technology that will likely let us build long term Lunar facilities.
Just few days ago has been disclosed that this technology will be used to build a Moebius Strip shaped home in the Netherlands.