- Syringe Heater for 3Drag chocolate printerPosted 15 hours ago
- Arietta G25 – The latest Embedded Linux BoardPosted 2 weeks ago
- Learning how to use the RandA BoardPosted 2 weeks ago
- Assembling the Choco 3Drag Printing SyringePosted 2 weeks ago
- Top 5 Wireless Ways to Communicate with your ControllerPosted 3 weeks ago
- The Open Source Snow Plow Robot: discovering the FirmwarePosted 1 month ago
- 32,000 Open Source Hardware Designs available on Upverter!Posted 1 month ago
- RandA: Merging Raspberry Pi and ArduinoPosted 1 month ago
- PCB Recycling: The Core of Your Electronics Is More Valuable Than You ThinkPosted 2 months ago
- Most Exciting Products and Open Source Highlights at CES 2015Posted 2 months ago
ESA wants to create a Lunar Base with 3D printing
“Setting up a lunar base could be made much simpler by using a 3D printer to build it from local materials. Industrial partners including renowned architects Foster + Partners have joined with ESA to test the feasibility of 3D printing using lunar soil.”
Not much surprisingly, 3D printing is being considered as the first choice in building Lunar homes.
This joint project sees ESA, Norman Foster’s studio and the 3D house printing Italian genius Enrico Dini (“The man who prints houses“) working together to create the technology that will likely let us build long term Lunar facilities.
Just few days ago has been disclosed that this technology will be used to build a Moebius Strip shaped home in the Netherlands.