- A FPGA controlled RGB LED MATRIX for Incredible Effects – the SoftwarePosted 7 hours ago
- Ultrasound to aging winePosted 3 days ago
- The Walt Disney’s jewel: MagicBandPosted 4 days ago
- 2017 forecast: Up 31 Percent From 2016 of Internet of Things usedPosted 2 weeks ago
- Drone – The latest Intel investmentPosted 2 weeks ago
- A FPGA controlled RGB LED MATRIX for Incredible Effects – the HardwarePosted 2 weeks ago
- Desktop Metal, a 3D-printing with metal, coming soon!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Chinese factory replaces 90% of human workers with robots.Posted 2 weeks ago
- We’ll never seen better before!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Kitnic.it – share and build Open Source Electronics ProjectsPosted 2 weeks ago
An Arduino-Powered Laser Engraver That You Can Build
MichielD99 is a 16 year old Belgian teenage maker. It is amazing that, with the tools and materials available today, a young person, really any person, can create something as sophisticated and professional-looking as this laser engraver.
To drive the machine, he used an Arduino UNO with two NEMA-17 stepper motors and stepper motor drivers he got from AliEXpress. By using AliExpress, he was able to keep the component costs down, with the entire thing costing about US$220. The laser is a 1.8W 445nm module.
Michiel designed the device in such a way that he can also install a Dremel tool as the head. This will allow him to turn it into a CNC router when he wants to.
You can see the complete plans for his build on this Instructables page. There he also includes a Bill of Materials with links to all of the parts available online and PDF and STL versions of all of the template files used to create his engraver.