- Wireless Power TransferPosted 11 hours ago
- Robot Punchers with ArduinoPosted 1 day ago
- A minimal 3D-printed scalePosted 3 days ago
- Expanding the pins of a microcontrollerPosted 6 days ago
- Let’s create a small level with a matrix displayPosted 1 week ago
- ChatGPT: Writing Code with Artificial IntelligencePosted 1 week ago
- Free Webinar: Arduino IoT Cloud and ESP32 DemoboardPosted 1 week ago
- Maker Faire Rome – The European edition and FAE Technology launch the contest “MY Maker PCBA: your electronics for a better planet”Posted 3 months ago
- Efficient and Compact Stereo Power Amplifier: Unleash High-Quality Audio with the PAM8610Posted 3 months ago
- Terminus FE1.1 USB hub board: the solution to connect four USB devicesPosted 6 months ago
Make: Magazine’s 2016 Buyers Guide Names TAZ 5 “Best Overall” & “Outstanding Open Source” 3D Printer, Rostock MAX v2 “Best Value”
For their 2016 guide, Make:’s team of testers and makers brought together the top performing 3D printers in five individual classes, the best CNC mills in three classes and their top two resin printers.
Aleph Objects won the “Best Overall” award for its LulzBot TAZ 5, as well as the “Outstanding Open Source” award. According to Make: editors, the TAZ 5 was selected Best Overall because the latest iteration of the TAZ is an example of LulzBot’s ongoing “commitment to excellent engineering.” TAZ 5 was selected as Outstanding Open Source because LulzBot continues “holding true to its open source roots.”
“The LulzBot TAZ 5 is a workhorse desktop 3D printer that respects user freedom and is the choice of makers around the world. We are proud to see the LulzBot TAZ 5 thrive in Make: Magazine’s respected, rigorous, and independent evaluation,” said Harris Kenny, Vice President of Marketing for Aleph Objects.
The digital fabrication team named the Rostock MAX v2 won the “Best Value” prize:
“Its large print volume combined with the cost savings of a kit makes this machine a sure bet. We are really honored to receive this award from Make. Everyone at SeeMeCNC works very hard to build and ship the best DIY 3D printer that anyone can buy. This brings it home for our team that all their hard work and effort means a lot, especially to the makers out there wanting to build their next dream project, whatever that may be,” SeeMeCNC said.