- Understanding the Mechanics of 3D PrintingPosted 4 days ago
- SDS011 the Air Quality SensorPosted 1 month ago
- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 4 months ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 5 months ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 5 months ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 5 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 5 months ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 5 months ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 5 months ago
- Smart AquariumPosted 6 months ago
Extremely Sensitive Cheap Homemade Seismometer
The seismometer is a device for the detection of earthquakes and measuring their strength. Basically these are very precise instruments and are relatively difficult for self-construction. Commercially available sensors are very expensive, and cheap electronic modules sensitive to shocks are not sufficiently sensitive to this purpose.
In the text and video that follow, you can see the creation of a device that is cheap and relatively easy for DIY, and yet it is comparable with expensive commercial devices of this type. Otherwise, the seismometer itself consists of two parts, a mechanical tremor detector, and an electronic part that turns these tremors into electrical signals, amplified them and converts them into digital signals, which we can then visually monitor on the PC data logging software.