- Terminus FE1.1 USB hub board: the solution to connect four USB devicesPosted 3 months ago
- Understanding the Mechanics of 3D PrintingPosted 4 months ago
- SDS011 the Air Quality SensorPosted 5 months ago
- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 9 months ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 9 months ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 9 months ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 9 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 9 months ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 10 months ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 10 months ago
Back to the Future Antigravity Water Drop
Time is like a torrent, pushing people forward. Is there an instant in which you want time to stand still or go backwards? Look closely at the water droplet. Is it dripping down or going up?
The work is inspired by the phenomenon of visual persistence. The sound movie has 24 frames per second, which can form a coherent image in the human brain. This is called the “visual persistence phenomenon.” The work is illuminated by high-speed flashing LED lights. The continuously dripping water droplets use human optical illusions. By adjusting the frequency of the LED lights and the frequency of the pump, when the two cooperate with each other to achieve a delicate frequency difference, the human eye will produce the optical illusion of water droplets upward.