- Holographic Christmas TreePosted 4 days ago
- Segstick: Build Your Own Self-Balancing Vehicle in Just 2 Days with ArduinoPosted 3 weeks ago
- ZSWatch: An Open-Source Smartwatch Project Based on the Zephyr Operating SystemPosted 1 month ago
- What is IoT and which devices to usePosted 1 month ago
- Maker Faire Rome Unveils Thrilling “Padel Smash Future” Pavilion for Sports EnthusiastsPosted 2 months ago
- Make your curtains smartPosted 2 months ago
- Configuring an ESP8266 for Battery PowerPosted 2 months ago
- Creating a Telegram Bot for ESP32Posted 2 months ago
- Mini Course on BlynkPosted 2 months ago
- Creating a Unique Electronic Musical Instrument: The Sound WallPosted 2 months ago
Back to the Future Antigravity Water Drop
Time is like a torrent, pushing people forward. Is there an instant in which you want time to stand still or go backwards? Look closely at the water droplet. Is it dripping down or going up?
The work is inspired by the phenomenon of visual persistence. The sound movie has 24 frames per second, which can form a coherent image in the human brain. This is called the “visual persistence phenomenon.” The work is illuminated by high-speed flashing LED lights. The continuously dripping water droplets use human optical illusions. By adjusting the frequency of the LED lights and the frequency of the pump, when the two cooperate with each other to achieve a delicate frequency difference, the human eye will produce the optical illusion of water droplets upward.