- An open source Rain Sensor and controllerPosted 3 days ago
- An OTP (On Time Password) LockPosted 2 weeks ago
- Print with Chocolate in two colours with 3Drag Choco Big Dual ExtruderPosted 3 weeks ago
- A Christmas Star with Neopixel LEDsPosted 1 month ago
- SmartPID: Smart Temperature and Process ControllerPosted 1 month ago
- An Electric Speed Control for DC motorsPosted 1 month ago
- The BF 15+15W open source power ampPosted 2 months ago
- The Strato Pi UPS boardPosted 2 months ago
- Analyzing Semiconductor with a set of simple toolsPosted 3 months ago
- A RTC SHIELD for Arduino and Raspberry Pi, second partPosted 3 months ago
Zcapture an Open Source 360 Photography Solution is campaigning on Kickstarter
Zcapture a 360° product photography, open source hardware, with powerful processing software is raising money on kickstarter: may be useful for those of you that create products!
My goal with Zcapture is to provide a low-cost, high-quality product that can be modified, hacked or customized to fit individual needs. We believe this product should be shared with the world in a manner that is disruptive to this emerging industry of 360 driven content creation, shows a better way of doing things, and provides information in a user centric medium.
I have been deeply involved in web development for 15 years and a great majority of that time has been focused on eCommerce development and design. In that time I have always found that the lack of meaningful product information is a killer when presenting a product in a meaningful way to have them purchase. Couple this experience with being a hard core maker that has been publishing articles for the last decade and there was bound to be a merging of ideas.
The humble beginnings of Zcapture came from my own personal interest in experimentation about 8 years ago with Basic Stamp programming. Roughly 4 years ago I discovered the Arduino NG and fell in love with the Arduino platform from the point of view that anyone could learn it and use it. Immediately I set to work to build and refine the Zcapture system based on this robust platform.