- A FPGA controlled RGB LED MATRIX for Incredible Effects – the SoftwarePosted 14 hours ago
- Ultrasound to aging winePosted 4 days ago
- The Walt Disney’s jewel: MagicBandPosted 5 days ago
- 2017 forecast: Up 31 Percent From 2016 of Internet of Things usedPosted 2 weeks ago
- Drone – The latest Intel investmentPosted 2 weeks ago
- A FPGA controlled RGB LED MATRIX for Incredible Effects – the HardwarePosted 2 weeks ago
- Desktop Metal, a 3D-printing with metal, coming soon!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Chinese factory replaces 90% of human workers with robots.Posted 2 weeks ago
- We’ll never seen better before!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Kitnic.it – share and build Open Source Electronics ProjectsPosted 2 weeks ago
Welcome Knitic, the Open Source Knitting Machine
We are an artist duo Varvara Guljajeva & Mar Canet working together in the field of art and technology since 2009. We are developing Knitic project, which began as a residency project at Marginalia+Lab in Belo Horizonte, as an open hardware, which controls a knitting machine via Arduino. We don’t use a floppy emulation or knitting machine’s keypad simulation. Instead, Knitic is the new ‘brain’ of a knitting machine that allows real-time control over the needles. It means, one can knit as long patterns as desired and modify the pattern on the fly. Knitic has been tested on Brother 930 and 940. 970 should be good for Knitic. Other electronic models might need extra work for figuring out the connections and types of encoders. Maybe as well with punch-card ones, this needs to be tested and developed though. How come? Because we do not use any Brother electronics but just sensors’ output and solenoids’ input from the knitting machine.
via About | knitic.