- TORPEDO: an all-purpose switched-mode power supplyPosted 2 weeks ago
- The SEPIC switching convertersPosted 3 weeks ago
- Discover and Design innovative applications in Wireless Power with UsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Octopus, a “tentacular” shield for Arduino and FishinoPosted 1 month ago
- Keychainino: a programmable, playful Key RingPosted 1 month ago
- Let’s Build an open source Quadcopter – Part2Posted 2 months ago
- Let’s Build an open source Quadcopter – Part1Posted 2 months ago
- An open source 3D Scanner made with Raspberry PiPosted 2 months ago
- Open Wheels 2: an all-in-one board to control any of your robotic ProjectsPosted 2 months ago
- GuppY: Fishino becomes NanoPosted 2 months ago
W.Afate: a Rep Rap based, Open Source 3D printer made from Trashware
AN AMAZING PROJECT. Even if the founding campaign was closed (as a success) we wanted to share with you the story of this project: developing a 3D printer from trashware in Togo, and making it open source, and Rep Rap based. What to say more?
Ecology. Technological Democracy. Solidarity. – Develop e-wasting and contribute to the cleaning of the IT waste reception center which as in Agbogbloshie in Ghana, are as big as some districts. – Put technology into needy hands and give Africa the opportunity to not only be a spectator but to play the first role in a more virtuous industrial revolution. – Favour the diversion and the reuse of used machinery to avoid that it becomes scrap and give it a second life to generate a new economic contribution to African households, schools and cyber-cafes. These are some of the challenges Afate has recently embraced by getting in the manufacturing of the first homemade 3D printer, openSource and hors famille RepRap.