- FairWind: when marine electronics, open source and the University meetPosted 1 day ago
- The Discovery of the Future: Stretchable integrated circuitPosted 2 days ago
- Robots are going to replace developers quicklyPosted 2 days ago
- 3D Prints with Computational HydrographicsPosted 3 days ago
- Open Source into Microsoft’s reality finallyPosted 3 days ago
- Guide to Mobile Apps for 3D DesigningPosted 4 days ago
- A FPGA controlled RGB LED MATRIX for Incredible Effects – the SoftwarePosted 5 days ago
- Ultrasound to aging winePosted 1 week ago
- The Walt Disney’s jewel: MagicBandPosted 1 week ago
- 2017 forecast: Up 31 Percent From 2016 of Internet of Things usedPosted 2 weeks ago
W.Afate: a Rep Rap based, Open Source 3D printer made from Trashware
AN AMAZING PROJECT. Even if the founding campaign was closed (as a success) we wanted to share with you the story of this project: developing a 3D printer from trashware in Togo, and making it open source, and Rep Rap based. What to say more?
Ecology. Technological Democracy. Solidarity. – Develop e-wasting and contribute to the cleaning of the IT waste reception center which as in Agbogbloshie in Ghana, are as big as some districts. – Put technology into needy hands and give Africa the opportunity to not only be a spectator but to play the first role in a more virtuous industrial revolution. – Favour the diversion and the reuse of used machinery to avoid that it becomes scrap and give it a second life to generate a new economic contribution to African households, schools and cyber-cafes. These are some of the challenges Afate has recently embraced by getting in the manufacturing of the first homemade 3D printer, openSource and hors famille RepRap.