- An Open Source 4W Guitar AmplifierPosted 3 days ago
- An open source Rain Sensor and controllerPosted 2 weeks ago
- An OTP (On Time Password) LockPosted 3 weeks ago
- Print with Chocolate in two colours with 3Drag Choco Big Dual ExtruderPosted 1 month ago
- A Christmas Star with Neopixel LEDsPosted 1 month ago
- SmartPID: Smart Temperature and Process ControllerPosted 1 month ago
- An Electric Speed Control for DC motorsPosted 2 months ago
- The BF 15+15W open source power ampPosted 3 months ago
- The Strato Pi UPS boardPosted 3 months ago
- Analyzing Semiconductor with a set of simple toolsPosted 3 months ago
W.Afate: a Rep Rap based, Open Source 3D printer made from Trashware
AN AMAZING PROJECT. Even if the founding campaign was closed (as a success) we wanted to share with you the story of this project: developing a 3D printer from trashware in Togo, and making it open source, and Rep Rap based. What to say more?
Ecology. Technological Democracy. Solidarity. – Develop e-wasting and contribute to the cleaning of the IT waste reception center which as in Agbogbloshie in Ghana, are as big as some districts. – Put technology into needy hands and give Africa the opportunity to not only be a spectator but to play the first role in a more virtuous industrial revolution. – Favour the diversion and the reuse of used machinery to avoid that it becomes scrap and give it a second life to generate a new economic contribution to African households, schools and cyber-cafes. These are some of the challenges Afate has recently embraced by getting in the manufacturing of the first homemade 3D printer, openSource and hors famille RepRap.