- BananaPi, the latest software updatesPosted 4 days ago
- Embedded MP3 Player & Recorder: The firmwarePosted 2 weeks ago
- Embedded MP3 Player & Recorder: How it worksPosted 2 weeks ago
- Syringe Heater for 3Drag chocolate printerPosted 3 weeks ago
- Arietta G25 – The latest Embedded Linux BoardPosted 1 month ago
- Learning how to use the RandA BoardPosted 1 month ago
- Assembling the Choco 3Drag Printing SyringePosted 1 month ago
- Top 5 Wireless Ways to Communicate with your ControllerPosted 2 months ago
- The Open Source Snow Plow Robot: discovering the FirmwarePosted 2 months ago
- 32,000 Open Source Hardware Designs available on Upverter!Posted 2 months ago
The n-th filament extruder on Kickstarter
Tim Elmore is a PhD student at the University of Florida studying Mechanical Engineering. His experience with 3D printing, and having to buy filament, is what spurred his interest in creating a filament extruder. He did his research on all of the extruders mentioned above and refined their designs to create an alpha unit; four of those units were sent to makers for testing. Their feedback led to the beta version, of which 12 were sent out for testing. After hundreds of hours of operation and plenty of feedback, Tim put the Filastruder on Kickstarter, where it was funded in an hour. That gives some indication to the high demand for such a machine.
Let’s hope this doesn’t get stuck on Kickstarter! (the campaing did pretty well!) Ships at 499$ apparently.