- Chat with Dave Hakkens: that’s why Phonebloks it’s about Co-Design and OpenSourcePosted 2 days ago
- The Story behind Atadiat: bringing Open Source Hardware to SyriaPosted 1 week ago
- A four channel (I/O) RN-42 Bluetooth interface controlled by an Android appPosted 1 week ago
- Press a button and Send a Tweet thanks to Arduino YÚNPosted 2 weeks ago
- A Low-Fi Arduino Powered Vertical PlotterPosted 3 weeks ago
- Focus on Arduino YÚN: a board for all, that makes life easierPosted 3 weeks ago
- How to design and 3D print a Case for an electronic boardPosted 1 month ago
- Rome crowns Massimo Emperor of MakersPosted 1 month ago
- FarmBot Founder Rory Aronson explains Precision AgriculturePosted 1 month ago
- Using The Raspberry Pi GSM Shield with TTY “CuteCom” extensionPosted 1 month ago
The n-th filament extruder on Kickstarter
Tim Elmore is a PhD student at the University of Florida studying Mechanical Engineering. His experience with 3D printing, and having to buy filament, is what spurred his interest in creating a filament extruder. He did his research on all of the extruders mentioned above and refined their designs to create an alpha unit; four of those units were sent to makers for testing. Their feedback led to the beta version, of which 12 were sent out for testing. After hundreds of hours of operation and plenty of feedback, Tim put the Filastruder on Kickstarter, where it was funded in an hour. That gives some indication to the high demand for such a machine.
Let’s hope this doesn’t get stuck on Kickstarter! (the campaing did pretty well!) Ships at 499$ apparently.