- 3Drag K8200: the most amazing Mods and HacksPosted 20 hours ago
- UDOO: a Linux/Arduino compatible board on SteroidsPosted 2 days ago
- Rome Maker Faire 2014 Call for makers is out!Posted 4 days ago
- Interview with MEG: the Connected, Open Source, DIY GreenhousePosted 1 week ago
- Why choose to be Open Source in the Hardware IndustryPosted 2 weeks ago
- Raspberry Pi as an Audio/Media Center: the best Linux distrosPosted 2 weeks ago
- Interact and remotely control Arduino YUN with AjaxPosted 3 weeks ago
- Arduino Yún: the best hacks you will ever seePosted 4 weeks ago
- Saving Bees in Open Source: Interview to Tristan Copley Smith and Open Source Beehives projectPosted 4 weeks ago
- Using REST with Arduino YunPosted 1 month ago
SparqEE – Cellular made easy (Arduino/Pi/+) is crowdfunding
SparqEE is a Cellular development board that gives you Wireless Worldwide. It provides boards for both, Arduino and Raspberry!
The CELLv1.0 uses a 2G+3G chipset, which means it will use 3G primarily worldwide and only fall back to 2G if 3G is unavailable.
Question: Why are 2G (GSM/GPRS) devices less expensive? Answer: some 2G only systems are less, BUT, here’s the backstory: We chose to provide both 2G and 3G because AT&T is dropping their 2G service in 2017 (TMobile coverage is much more limited than AT&T and the CDMA technology Verizon and Sprint use isn’t prevalent elsewhere in the world). With the CELLv1.0 you get the best of both worlds – 2G, which is the most prevalent worldwide technology, while still providing full cellular coverage in the US using 3G. So if you want a device that works across the world for decades to come, go with the CELLv1.0!
The CELLv1.0 is the smallest module on the market, the least expensive 2/3G device out there, and the easiest to use!