- WyoLum announces Innovation Grant 2013Posted 2 days ago
- Light up your XMAS from your SmartphonePosted 3 days ago
- Chat with Dave Hakkens: that’s why Phonebloks it’s about Co-Design and OpenSourcePosted 1 week ago
- The Story behind Atadiat: bringing Open Source Hardware to SyriaPosted 2 weeks ago
- A four channel (I/O) RN-42 Bluetooth interface controlled by an Android appPosted 2 weeks ago
- Press a button and Send a Tweet thanks to Arduino YÚNPosted 3 weeks ago
- A Low-Fi Arduino Powered Vertical PlotterPosted 4 weeks ago
- Focus on Arduino YÚN: a board for all, that makes life easierPosted 1 month ago
- How to design and 3D print a Case for an electronic boardPosted 1 month ago
- Rome crowns Massimo Emperor of MakersPosted 2 months ago
SparqEE – Cellular made easy (Arduino/Pi/+) is crowdfunding
SparqEE is a Cellular development board that gives you Wireless Worldwide. It provides boards for both, Arduino and Raspberry!
The CELLv1.0 uses a 2G+3G chipset, which means it will use 3G primarily worldwide and only fall back to 2G if 3G is unavailable.
Question: Why are 2G (GSM/GPRS) devices less expensive? Answer: some 2G only systems are less, BUT, here’s the backstory: We chose to provide both 2G and 3G because AT&T is dropping their 2G service in 2017 (TMobile coverage is much more limited than AT&T and the CDMA technology Verizon and Sprint use isn’t prevalent elsewhere in the world). With the CELLv1.0 you get the best of both worlds – 2G, which is the most prevalent worldwide technology, while still providing full cellular coverage in the US using 3G. So if you want a device that works across the world for decades to come, go with the CELLv1.0!
The CELLv1.0 is the smallest module on the market, the least expensive 2/3G device out there, and the easiest to use!