- Creating a Network of Nodes with LoRa ShieldPosted 1 day ago
- Using LoRa shield in Packet ModePosted 1 week ago
- Full Graphic Smart Controller display for 3Drag 3DprinterPosted 2 weeks ago
- Wi-Lamp, the Open Source Wi-Fi LED lampPosted 3 weeks ago
- An Android app to manage the GSM Remote ControlPosted 4 weeks ago
- The LoRa shield: an Open Source Arduino’s long-range communication modulePosted 1 month ago
- The soul of the open source automatic bartender: the DRINK MAKER softwarePosted 1 month ago
- An Open Source 2x3W Class D (Low Frequency) amplifierPosted 2 months ago
- How to evaluate a Stereo Lithographic 3D PrintersPosted 2 months ago
- Interview to Eben Upton: the New Raspberry Pi 3, Makers, Pi Zero…and morePosted 2 months ago
SparqEE – Cellular made easy (Arduino/Pi/+) is crowdfunding
SparqEE is a Cellular development board that gives you Wireless Worldwide. It provides boards for both, Arduino and Raspberry!
The CELLv1.0 uses a 2G+3G chipset, which means it will use 3G primarily worldwide and only fall back to 2G if 3G is unavailable.
Question: Why are 2G (GSM/GPRS) devices less expensive? Answer: some 2G only systems are less, BUT, here’s the backstory: We chose to provide both 2G and 3G because AT&T is dropping their 2G service in 2017 (TMobile coverage is much more limited than AT&T and the CDMA technology Verizon and Sprint use isn’t prevalent elsewhere in the world). With the CELLv1.0 you get the best of both worlds – 2G, which is the most prevalent worldwide technology, while still providing full cellular coverage in the US using 3G. So if you want a device that works across the world for decades to come, go with the CELLv1.0!
The CELLv1.0 is the smallest module on the market, the least expensive 2/3G device out there, and the easiest to use!