- Syringe Heater for 3Drag chocolate printerPosted 4 days ago
- Arietta G25 – The latest Embedded Linux BoardPosted 2 weeks ago
- Learning how to use the RandA BoardPosted 3 weeks ago
- Assembling the Choco 3Drag Printing SyringePosted 3 weeks ago
- Top 5 Wireless Ways to Communicate with your ControllerPosted 4 weeks ago
- The Open Source Snow Plow Robot: discovering the FirmwarePosted 1 month ago
- 32,000 Open Source Hardware Designs available on Upverter!Posted 1 month ago
- RandA: Merging Raspberry Pi and ArduinoPosted 2 months ago
- PCB Recycling: The Core of Your Electronics Is More Valuable Than You ThinkPosted 2 months ago
- Most Exciting Products and Open Source Highlights at CES 2015Posted 2 months ago
SparqEE – Cellular made easy (Arduino/Pi/+) is crowdfunding
SparqEE is a Cellular development board that gives you Wireless Worldwide. It provides boards for both, Arduino and Raspberry!
The CELLv1.0 uses a 2G+3G chipset, which means it will use 3G primarily worldwide and only fall back to 2G if 3G is unavailable.
Question: Why are 2G (GSM/GPRS) devices less expensive? Answer: some 2G only systems are less, BUT, here’s the backstory: We chose to provide both 2G and 3G because AT&T is dropping their 2G service in 2017 (TMobile coverage is much more limited than AT&T and the CDMA technology Verizon and Sprint use isn’t prevalent elsewhere in the world). With the CELLv1.0 you get the best of both worlds – 2G, which is the most prevalent worldwide technology, while still providing full cellular coverage in the US using 3G. So if you want a device that works across the world for decades to come, go with the CELLv1.0!
The CELLv1.0 is the smallest module on the market, the least expensive 2/3G device out there, and the easiest to use!