- Contest 3Drag/K8200Posted 1 day ago
- Add functions to your Dotklok: Remote ControlPosted 1 week ago
- A useful and simple IO Shield for ArduinoPosted 2 weeks ago
- Open Compute Project: open design applied to data centersPosted 2 weeks ago
- A Look into the Open Source Hardware CommunityPosted 3 weeks ago
- Raspberry Pi: giant hacks for a tiny boardPosted 3 weeks ago
- Hack your Valentine with HeartThrobPosted 4 weeks ago
- A new Wi-Fi Shield to connect your Arduino to the InternetPosted 4 weeks ago
- Interview To Gabriella Levine, OSHWA presidentPosted 1 month ago
- LEWE: the biometric wristbandPosted 1 month ago
SparqEE – Cellular made easy (Arduino/Pi/+) is crowdfunding
SparqEE is a Cellular development board that gives you Wireless Worldwide. It provides boards for both, Arduino and Raspberry!
The CELLv1.0 uses a 2G+3G chipset, which means it will use 3G primarily worldwide and only fall back to 2G if 3G is unavailable.
Question: Why are 2G (GSM/GPRS) devices less expensive? Answer: some 2G only systems are less, BUT, here’s the backstory: We chose to provide both 2G and 3G because AT&T is dropping their 2G service in 2017 (TMobile coverage is much more limited than AT&T and the CDMA technology Verizon and Sprint use isn’t prevalent elsewhere in the world). With the CELLv1.0 you get the best of both worlds – 2G, which is the most prevalent worldwide technology, while still providing full cellular coverage in the US using 3G. So if you want a device that works across the world for decades to come, go with the CELLv1.0!
The CELLv1.0 is the smallest module on the market, the least expensive 2/3G device out there, and the easiest to use!