- RandA PhotoSharing: Are you a Maker?Posted 7 days ago
- GestIC Meets Raspberry Pi: gesture recognition with Raspberry PiPosted 1 week ago
- Gestic Meets Arduino: gesture recognition with ArduinoPosted 2 weeks ago
- Fishino pinout is available!Posted 3 weeks ago
- FISHINO: Arduino becomes wirelessPosted 3 weeks ago
- Boar’s Board, something wild is making its way into the world of electronicsPosted 3 weeks ago
- Microsoft & Open Source: the Odd CouplePosted 3 weeks ago
- The Drink Maker: Open Sourcing your Cocktail!Posted 4 weeks ago
- ArdIR a programmable and remotely manageable Infrared control with ArduinoPosted 1 month ago
- BOAR’S PIGLET 01: our newborn multi-axis development boardPosted 1 month ago
SparqEE – Cellular made easy (Arduino/Pi/+) is crowdfunding
SparqEE is a Cellular development board that gives you Wireless Worldwide. It provides boards for both, Arduino and Raspberry!
The CELLv1.0 uses a 2G+3G chipset, which means it will use 3G primarily worldwide and only fall back to 2G if 3G is unavailable.
Question: Why are 2G (GSM/GPRS) devices less expensive? Answer: some 2G only systems are less, BUT, here’s the backstory: We chose to provide both 2G and 3G because AT&T is dropping their 2G service in 2017 (TMobile coverage is much more limited than AT&T and the CDMA technology Verizon and Sprint use isn’t prevalent elsewhere in the world). With the CELLv1.0 you get the best of both worlds – 2G, which is the most prevalent worldwide technology, while still providing full cellular coverage in the US using 3G. So if you want a device that works across the world for decades to come, go with the CELLv1.0!
The CELLv1.0 is the smallest module on the market, the least expensive 2/3G device out there, and the easiest to use!