- Save your Skin with this Open Source UV Index DetectorPosted 2 days ago
- 2,8W Class D AmplifierPosted 2 weeks ago
- An Electronic LED Roulette you can self buildPosted 2 weeks ago
- An Open Source Sprinkler System powered by YúnPosted 4 weeks ago
- LED MATRIX: giant & stand-alone panelsPosted 1 month ago
- A 32-BIT FISHINO! WiFi, SD card, RTC, audio codec, LiPo and more…Posted 1 month ago
- A full featured mp3 DemoboardPosted 2 months ago
- A 32-BIT FISHINO board for your powerful IoT!Posted 2 months ago
- FairWind: when marine electronics, open source and the University meetPosted 2 months ago
- The Discovery of the Future: Stretchable integrated circuitPosted 2 months ago
Shop-In-A-Box, DIY Factory Instructable available
Amazing instructable availalbe to build a Shop-In-A-Box
I’ve built 2 off-grid, digital, open-source factories out of 20′ shipping containers, and I want to help others build their own.
Shop-In-A-Box #001 operates in Bungoma, Kenya; #002 lives at American Steel in Oakland, CA. #002 travels: it’s been to Maker Faire (while under construction), The Gates Foundation Reinvent the Toilet Challenge, and Burning Man in the last year. Here’s an article Gizmodo did on this project; we cut their logo out of 18-gauge mild steel while on the playa.
Each factory cost ~$30,000 in total, including power generation and tooling. This means that for around the price of a nicer new car, you can make many aspects of a car: sub-millimeter-precision cuts through 3/4″ metal, welding steel up to 1″ thick / aluminum up to 3/8″, a wide variety of metalworking / woodworking tools, and a lot more.
via DIY Factory.