- TORPEDO: an all-purpose switched-mode power supplyPosted 2 weeks ago
- The SEPIC switching convertersPosted 3 weeks ago
- Discover and Design innovative applications in Wireless Power with UsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Octopus, a “tentacular” shield for Arduino and FishinoPosted 1 month ago
- Keychainino: a programmable, playful Key RingPosted 1 month ago
- Let’s Build an open source Quadcopter – Part2Posted 2 months ago
- Let’s Build an open source Quadcopter – Part1Posted 2 months ago
- An open source 3D Scanner made with Raspberry PiPosted 2 months ago
- Open Wheels 2: an all-in-one board to control any of your robotic ProjectsPosted 2 months ago
- GuppY: Fishino becomes NanoPosted 3 months ago
Robobeast rugged 3D Printer debuts
The team behing Robohand created this very rugged and strong 3D printer called Robobeast … just to leave no doubts behind 🙂
Apparently this can print while being kicked 🙂
The Mark of the Beast in 3D Printing Technology
With the advances in technology moving so quickly, when Rich had the idea to create a rugged, robust 3D printer he could not afford to waste time with months and years of research and prototyping.
Within 2 and half months, Rich and the Hacker community had designed, sourced, built and prototyped Robobeast.
The spark that started the fire burning came in the form of an idea to have a solar powered 3D printer that could operate without the use of a computer for introduction into third world countries; a 3D printer that could accommodate all the files necessary to grow various sizes of Robohand.