- We’re at World Maker Faire this Weekend!Posted 4 days ago
- MatterMachine is the Third Industrial Revolution, customized for youPosted 6 days ago
- TiDiGino: remote control based on Arduino increases the performancePosted 2 weeks ago
- Camera Pi – How Raspberry Pi can seePosted 3 weeks ago
- Arduino as a programmable logic controller (PLC)Posted 4 weeks ago
- Red Pitaya: the opensource electronic laboratoryPosted 1 month ago
- A Robotic lawn mower powered by Solar Energy with an Arduino heartPosted 2 months ago
- Exclusive interview: Pete Lomas, co-founder of Raspberry Pi on Mission, Openness, CommunitiesPosted 2 months ago
- The perfect Remote, Programmable, Controller for interactive LED stripsPosted 2 months ago
- 3D contest relaunchedPosted 2 months ago
Raspberry Pi model A is out
Raspberry Pi foundation launched a newer version of the Raspberry PI. According to the website
“The Model A is a stripped-down version of the Model B Raspberry Pi, with no Ethernet, one USB port and 256MB RAM. If you’d like to learn more, check out this post from a couple of months back.
Stripping down the Model A means it has two important differences from the Model B: we can make it ten dollars cheaper, at $25; and it consumes roughly a third of the power of the Model B, which is of key importance to those of you wanting to run projects from a battery or solar power: robots, sensor platforms in remote locations, Wi-Fi repeaters attached to the local bus stop and so forth. We’re working on software to get the power consumption even lower.”
This new release confirms that, to unlock the very original potential of the Internet of Things we need a more varied hardware: boards that are smaller are more easily embeddable in complex products and hacks and the energy consumption side is still a key issue.
Are you going to try this new model? what’s your impression about Raspberry Pi and Model A?