- 3D Scanning with Microsoft KinectPosted 16 hours ago
- Get Crazy with the Smartphone controlled Skateboarding!Posted 1 week ago
- RandA: WebServer applicationPosted 2 weeks ago
- BananaPi, the latest software updatesPosted 3 weeks ago
- Embedded MP3 Player & Recorder: The firmwarePosted 4 weeks ago
- Embedded MP3 Player & Recorder: How it worksPosted 1 month ago
- Syringe Heater for 3Drag chocolate printerPosted 1 month ago
- Arietta G25 – The latest Embedded Linux BoardPosted 2 months ago
- Learning how to use the RandA BoardPosted 2 months ago
- Assembling the Choco 3Drag Printing SyringePosted 2 months ago
Raspberry Pi model A is out
Raspberry Pi foundation launched a newer version of the Raspberry PI. According to the website
“The Model A is a stripped-down version of the Model B Raspberry Pi, with no Ethernet, one USB port and 256MB RAM. If you’d like to learn more, check out this post from a couple of months back.
Stripping down the Model A means it has two important differences from the Model B: we can make it ten dollars cheaper, at $25; and it consumes roughly a third of the power of the Model B, which is of key importance to those of you wanting to run projects from a battery or solar power: robots, sensor platforms in remote locations, Wi-Fi repeaters attached to the local bus stop and so forth. We’re working on software to get the power consumption even lower.”
This new release confirms that, to unlock the very original potential of the Internet of Things we need a more varied hardware: boards that are smaller are more easily embeddable in complex products and hacks and the energy consumption side is still a key issue.
Are you going to try this new model? what’s your impression about Raspberry Pi and Model A?