- Here are the Winners from the 3Drag 3d printing contestPosted 3 days ago
- Raspberry Pi and the Camera Pi module: face recognition tutorialPosted 5 days ago
- 3Drag is now printing with Chocolate!Posted 1 week ago
- Computer Vision with Raspberry Pi and the Camera Pi modulePosted 3 weeks ago
- Are you ready for the Future? Meet RandA at Maker Faire RomePosted 4 weeks ago
- Extending the Deadline for the 3D Contest- apply until 10/20Posted 1 month ago
- Obrary, on a challenge: marketing Open Design (or Open Source Hardware)Posted 1 month ago
- We’re at World Maker Faire this Weekend!Posted 1 month ago
- MatterMachine is the Third Industrial Revolution, customized for youPosted 1 month ago
- TiDiGino: remote control based on Arduino increases the performancePosted 2 months ago
Raspberry Pi model A is out
Raspberry Pi foundation launched a newer version of the Raspberry PI. According to the website
“The Model A is a stripped-down version of the Model B Raspberry Pi, with no Ethernet, one USB port and 256MB RAM. If you’d like to learn more, check out this post from a couple of months back.
Stripping down the Model A means it has two important differences from the Model B: we can make it ten dollars cheaper, at $25; and it consumes roughly a third of the power of the Model B, which is of key importance to those of you wanting to run projects from a battery or solar power: robots, sensor platforms in remote locations, Wi-Fi repeaters attached to the local bus stop and so forth. We’re working on software to get the power consumption even lower.”
This new release confirms that, to unlock the very original potential of the Internet of Things we need a more varied hardware: boards that are smaller are more easily embeddable in complex products and hacks and the energy consumption side is still a key issue.
Are you going to try this new model? what’s your impression about Raspberry Pi and Model A?