- An ARDUINO based JPEG Camera with IR and PIRPosted 3 days ago
- The 3DRAG CHOCO (Chocolate 3d printer) Cooling system explainedPosted 3 weeks ago
- Ways to Conserve Energy at HomePosted 3 weeks ago
- 3Dprint your halloween special with 3DragPosted 1 month ago
- Back To The Future – Build your Flux capacitorPosted 1 month ago
- Discovering the Open Source Ethernet BroadcasterPosted 2 months ago
- The OPEN MOTOR CONTROL: an open source motor controller for everyonePosted 2 months ago
- RandA PhotoSharing: Are you a Maker?Posted 2 months ago
- GestIC Meets Raspberry Pi: gesture recognition with Raspberry PiPosted 2 months ago
- Gestic Meets Arduino: gesture recognition with ArduinoPosted 2 months ago
Raspberry Pi model A is out
Raspberry Pi foundation launched a newer version of the Raspberry PI. According to the website
“The Model A is a stripped-down version of the Model B Raspberry Pi, with no Ethernet, one USB port and 256MB RAM. If you’d like to learn more, check out this post from a couple of months back.
Stripping down the Model A means it has two important differences from the Model B: we can make it ten dollars cheaper, at $25; and it consumes roughly a third of the power of the Model B, which is of key importance to those of you wanting to run projects from a battery or solar power: robots, sensor platforms in remote locations, Wi-Fi repeaters attached to the local bus stop and so forth. We’re working on software to get the power consumption even lower.”
This new release confirms that, to unlock the very original potential of the Internet of Things we need a more varied hardware: boards that are smaller are more easily embeddable in complex products and hacks and the energy consumption side is still a key issue.
Are you going to try this new model? what’s your impression about Raspberry Pi and Model A?