- A 32-BIT FISHINO board for your powerful IoT!Posted 7 hours ago
- FairWind: when marine electronics, open source and the University meetPosted 3 days ago
- The Discovery of the Future: Stretchable integrated circuitPosted 3 days ago
- Robots are going to replace developers quicklyPosted 4 days ago
- 3D Prints with Computational HydrographicsPosted 4 days ago
- Open Source into Microsoft’s reality finallyPosted 5 days ago
- Guide to Mobile Apps for 3D DesigningPosted 6 days ago
- A FPGA controlled RGB LED MATRIX for Incredible Effects – the SoftwarePosted 1 week ago
- Ultrasound to aging winePosted 1 week ago
- The Walt Disney’s jewel: MagicBandPosted 2 weeks ago
Poppy Turns iPhones into a 3D Camera from Kickstarter
the first device in the world that turns an iPhone into a 3D camera capable of capturing, viewing and sharing full-motion, full-color video and stills in 3D.
How does it work?
Poppy works with iPhone 4, 4S, iPhone 5 and the fifth generation iPod Touch. You put your phone in and Poppy’s mirrors capture two stereographic images using your iPhone’s single camera.
When you look in the viewfinder, Poppy’s lenses combine the two video streams into a single, crisp, 3D video. It’s beautiful, and really hard to describe or show in two dimensions.
It doesn’t need batteries and there are no electronics. It’s just optics and your iPhone’s camera and screen, so we can keep the price low without sacrificing quality.
That’s not open but it’s incredibly clever and cool :)