- TORPEDO: an all-purpose switched-mode power supplyPosted 2 weeks ago
- The SEPIC switching convertersPosted 3 weeks ago
- Discover and Design innovative applications in Wireless Power with UsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Octopus, a “tentacular” shield for Arduino and FishinoPosted 1 month ago
- Keychainino: a programmable, playful Key RingPosted 1 month ago
- Let’s Build an open source Quadcopter – Part2Posted 2 months ago
- Let’s Build an open source Quadcopter – Part1Posted 2 months ago
- An open source 3D Scanner made with Raspberry PiPosted 2 months ago
- Open Wheels 2: an all-in-one board to control any of your robotic ProjectsPosted 2 months ago
- GuppY: Fishino becomes NanoPosted 2 months ago
PCBGRIP, an Electronics Assembly System is Crowdfunding
We are pretty used to open source boards but this is one of the few tools that are actually Open Souce:
PCBGRIP is an electronics assembly system designed to make it easier to assemble and work on electronics. Completely customizable, with open source flexibility, it holds printed circuit boards (PCBs), components, stencils, and everything else you need, improving both the quality and speed of assembly. It solves the challenges of hand electronics assembly faced by hobbyists, makers, and assemblers.
The success that the project is having right now on kickstarter demonstrates that the approach of creating open source hardware tools is really great to engage with the community: tools should be more open that modules!