- A full featured mp3 DemoboardPosted 1 week ago
- A 32-BIT FISHINO board for your powerful IoT!Posted 4 weeks ago
- FairWind: when marine electronics, open source and the University meetPosted 4 weeks ago
- The Discovery of the Future: Stretchable integrated circuitPosted 4 weeks ago
- Robots are going to replace developers quicklyPosted 4 weeks ago
- 3D Prints with Computational HydrographicsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Open Source into Microsoft’s reality finallyPosted 4 weeks ago
- Guide to Mobile Apps for 3D DesigningPosted 1 month ago
- A FPGA controlled RGB LED MATRIX for Incredible Effects – the SoftwarePosted 1 month ago
- Ultrasound to aging winePosted 1 month ago
PCBGRIP, an Electronics Assembly System is Crowdfunding
We are pretty used to open source boards but this is one of the few tools that are actually Open Souce:
PCBGRIP is an electronics assembly system designed to make it easier to assemble and work on electronics. Completely customizable, with open source flexibility, it holds printed circuit boards (PCBs), components, stencils, and everything else you need, improving both the quality and speed of assembly. It solves the challenges of hand electronics assembly faced by hobbyists, makers, and assemblers.
The success that the project is having right now on kickstarter demonstrates that the approach of creating open source hardware tools is really great to engage with the community: tools should be more open that modules!