- FairWind: when marine electronics, open source and the University meetPosted 1 day ago
- The Discovery of the Future: Stretchable integrated circuitPosted 2 days ago
- Robots are going to replace developers quicklyPosted 2 days ago
- 3D Prints with Computational HydrographicsPosted 3 days ago
- Open Source into Microsoft’s reality finallyPosted 3 days ago
- Guide to Mobile Apps for 3D DesigningPosted 4 days ago
- A FPGA controlled RGB LED MATRIX for Incredible Effects – the SoftwarePosted 5 days ago
- Ultrasound to aging winePosted 1 week ago
- The Walt Disney’s jewel: MagicBandPosted 1 week ago
- 2017 forecast: Up 31 Percent From 2016 of Internet of Things usedPosted 2 weeks ago
PayPal names Danese Cooper (OSHWA Board) head of open source
Good news as internet giant PayPal nominated Danese Cooper, long time Open Source Hardware advocate as Head of Open Source:
PayPal has hired programmer, computer scientist, and open source champion Danese Cooper as its first head of open source. The eBay unit is increasingly turning to open source as it revamps its technology platform, recently tapping OpenStack for its private cloud and open sourcing its node.js application framework, kraken.
What role will open source (and open source hardware) have in future development of corporates?