- An Electric Speed Control for DC motorsPosted 1 week ago
- The BF 15+15W open source power ampPosted 4 weeks ago
- The Strato Pi UPS boardPosted 1 month ago
- Analyzing Semiconductor with a set of simple toolsPosted 2 months ago
- A RTC SHIELD for Arduino and Raspberry Pi, second partPosted 2 months ago
- A RTC SHIELD for Arduino and Raspberry PiPosted 2 months ago
- A Car Battery Level Indicator that plugs in your cigar lighter socketPosted 2 months ago
- TORPEDO: an all-purpose switched-mode power supplyPosted 3 months ago
- The SEPIC switching convertersPosted 3 months ago
- Discover and Design innovative applications in Wireless Power with UsPosted 3 months ago
Othermill: a desktop 3D computer-controlled mill (on Kickstarter)
With our mill, you can produce custom circuit boards quickly and cheaply. You can make all your projects light up, beep, and move. Wearable circuits, custom guitar effects pedals, and quadcopter electronics are all within reach – without waiting for boards to come back from the manufacturer. Even though the Othermill is optimized for cutting circuit boards, it can also cut metal, wood, wax, and plastic. It is great for engraving and milling 3D shapes for jewelry or mold making.
The Othermill was designed with PCBs in mind, and they were the very first thing we tested when we had a working machine. The precision and accuracy of the Othermill allows you to reliably cut 10 mil trace and space on FR-1 PCB stock. You can create custom circuits that fit into odd 3Dprinted parts, seamlessly integrate electronics into your clothing, and free up your Arduinos for other applications.
As Massimo Menichinelli noted it’s a slightly modified and commercialized version of the MTM Snap created at MIT.
Here’s the Kickstarter page!