- FairWind: when marine electronics, open source and the University meetPosted 13 hours ago
- The Discovery of the Future: Stretchable integrated circuitPosted 16 hours ago
- Robots are going to replace developers quicklyPosted 1 day ago
- 3D Prints with Computational HydrographicsPosted 2 days ago
- Open Source into Microsoft’s reality finallyPosted 3 days ago
- Guide to Mobile Apps for 3D DesigningPosted 4 days ago
- A FPGA controlled RGB LED MATRIX for Incredible Effects – the SoftwarePosted 5 days ago
- Ultrasound to aging winePosted 1 week ago
- The Walt Disney’s jewel: MagicBandPosted 1 week ago
- 2017 forecast: Up 31 Percent From 2016 of Internet of Things usedPosted 2 weeks ago
Open Source Vacuum Cleaner by unknowndomain
This project started life because I wanted to explore the use of Open Source Hardware and the application of The Makers Bill of Rights and The Fixers Manifesto to the design of every day products. Looking around the home I realised that the vacuum cleaner is one of those products that is fairly expensive, often susceptible to breaking and expensive repairs, and was electrically much simpler than TVs, Radios and Washing Machines. I then set about tearing apart a Argos Value vacuum cleaner, and a generously donated Dyson DC-11 to discover their secrets. Along the way after a lot of research I finally came up with a working model, it didnt take 5,000 prototypes this time!
Just few weeks ago, we advocated for an Open source washing machine and now someone from the community pointed us out to this amazing project.