- 2,8W Class D AmplifierPosted 6 days ago
- An Electronic LED Roulette you can self buildPosted 2 weeks ago
- An Open Source Sprinkler System powered by YúnPosted 3 weeks ago
- LED MATRIX: giant & stand-alone panelsPosted 4 weeks ago
- A 32-BIT FISHINO! WiFi, SD card, RTC, audio codec, LiPo and more…Posted 1 month ago
- A full featured mp3 DemoboardPosted 1 month ago
- A 32-BIT FISHINO board for your powerful IoT!Posted 2 months ago
- FairWind: when marine electronics, open source and the University meetPosted 2 months ago
- The Discovery of the Future: Stretchable integrated circuitPosted 2 months ago
- Robots are going to replace developers quicklyPosted 2 months ago
Open Source Vacuum Cleaner by unknowndomain
This project started life because I wanted to explore the use of Open Source Hardware and the application of The Makers Bill of Rights and The Fixers Manifesto to the design of every day products. Looking around the home I realised that the vacuum cleaner is one of those products that is fairly expensive, often susceptible to breaking and expensive repairs, and was electrically much simpler than TVs, Radios and Washing Machines. I then set about tearing apart a Argos Value vacuum cleaner, and a generously donated Dyson DC-11 to discover their secrets. Along the way after a lot of research I finally came up with a working model, it didnt take 5,000 prototypes this time!
Just few weeks ago, we advocated for an Open source washing machine and now someone from the community pointed us out to this amazing project.