- TORPEDO: an all-purpose switched-mode power supplyPosted 2 weeks ago
- The SEPIC switching convertersPosted 3 weeks ago
- Discover and Design innovative applications in Wireless Power with UsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Octopus, a “tentacular” shield for Arduino and FishinoPosted 1 month ago
- Keychainino: a programmable, playful Key RingPosted 1 month ago
- Let’s Build an open source Quadcopter – Part2Posted 2 months ago
- Let’s Build an open source Quadcopter – Part1Posted 2 months ago
- An open source 3D Scanner made with Raspberry PiPosted 2 months ago
- Open Wheels 2: an all-in-one board to control any of your robotic ProjectsPosted 2 months ago
- GuppY: Fishino becomes NanoPosted 3 months ago
Open Source 5 Watt Phone Charger SOLARPAD campaigning
This Solarpad solar phone charger project is pretty amazing and it’s open source!
A fully charged Power Core will recharge a dead iPhone from 0% to 100% in 3 hours even after being unused for a month! Our competitors may have a power level indicator, but for this size solar charger, power level indicators are inaccurate and not very useful. Other similar sized solar chargers can only charge a Smart Phone from 0% to 70% and take over 4 hours to recharge, so what good is a power level indicator if it won’t charge your phone from 0% to 100% at any level? Power Core’s Green LED lights up when charging and turns off when fully charged. Much larger smart phones, like the Samsung Galaxy S4, have a battery that’s twice the size of an iPhone battery, but a fully charged Power Core can still provide a Galaxy S4 a 0% to 70% charge.
Why Open Source Hardware?
The solar USB charging market has become saturated with low-quality and poor performing products and every year the big companies are selling the same products with very little improvement. Therefore, Solarcycle has developed its open source solar USB charger to empower customers with the ability to build their own solar USB chargers and to prove that a better solar charger that outperforms anything else on the market is possible.