- An Electric Speed Control for DC motorsPosted 1 week ago
- The BF 15+15W open source power ampPosted 4 weeks ago
- The Strato Pi UPS boardPosted 1 month ago
- Analyzing Semiconductor with a set of simple toolsPosted 2 months ago
- A RTC SHIELD for Arduino and Raspberry Pi, second partPosted 2 months ago
- A RTC SHIELD for Arduino and Raspberry PiPosted 2 months ago
- A Car Battery Level Indicator that plugs in your cigar lighter socketPosted 2 months ago
- TORPEDO: an all-purpose switched-mode power supplyPosted 3 months ago
- The SEPIC switching convertersPosted 3 months ago
- Discover and Design innovative applications in Wireless Power with UsPosted 3 months ago
Open Incubate launches to spure Open Source innovation in IT hardware and networks
OpenIncubate is a new accelerator program formed to fund teams using open source IP to transform the IT infrastructure layer, backed by Austin Ventures, Battery Ventures, and The Valley Fund.
The three venture firms have joined forces to create OpenIncubate in response to two key technology shifts they believe will define the next decade of computing:
1) The emergence of open networking and the software-defined data center, and
2) The growing prominence of open source initiatives such as Open Compute.
The OpenIncubate program offers seed funding, work space, and mentorship to admitted teams, with no pre-defined limit on the number of teams or dollars invested.
Qualifying companies or teams of entrepreneurs must be product-oriented (versus services), and must utilize open source frameworks aimed at building on and refining the concept of the software-defined data centers in areas of innovation including hardware, software, and networking.