- A 32-BIT FISHINO! WiFi, SD card, RTC, audio codec, LiPo and more…Posted 1 day ago
- A full featured mp3 DemoboardPosted 1 week ago
- A 32-BIT FISHINO board for your powerful IoT!Posted 4 weeks ago
- FairWind: when marine electronics, open source and the University meetPosted 4 weeks ago
- The Discovery of the Future: Stretchable integrated circuitPosted 4 weeks ago
- Robots are going to replace developers quicklyPosted 4 weeks ago
- 3D Prints with Computational HydrographicsPosted 1 month ago
- Open Source into Microsoft’s reality finallyPosted 1 month ago
- Guide to Mobile Apps for 3D DesigningPosted 1 month ago
- A FPGA controlled RGB LED MATRIX for Incredible Effects – the SoftwarePosted 1 month ago
One step nearer to washable Wearable Computers
“According to researchers at Nottingham Trent University in the UK, wearable computers which can withstand washing are one step closer thanks to a technology which integrates electronic micro devices into yarns. […]
Researchers at Nottingham Trent’s Advanced Textiles Research Group have created the garment using light emitting diodes (LEDs) to showcase the application of the technology, which they say could transform the manufacturing of smart and interactive textiles.”
Wearable computing related electronics has a huge potential. These R&D advancements in miniaturization and isolation cannot hide the already thriving community generated ecosystem that is experimenting around wearable computing since years.
What’s your experience with wearable computing?