- Here are the Winners from the 3Drag 3d printing contestPosted 5 days ago
- Raspberry Pi and the Camera Pi module: face recognition tutorialPosted 7 days ago
- 3Drag is now printing with Chocolate!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Computer Vision with Raspberry Pi and the Camera Pi modulePosted 3 weeks ago
- Are you ready for the Future? Meet RandA at Maker Faire RomePosted 1 month ago
- Extending the Deadline for the 3D Contest- apply until 10/20Posted 1 month ago
- Obrary, on a challenge: marketing Open Design (or Open Source Hardware)Posted 1 month ago
- We’re at World Maker Faire this Weekend!Posted 1 month ago
- MatterMachine is the Third Industrial Revolution, customized for youPosted 2 months ago
- TiDiGino: remote control based on Arduino increases the performancePosted 2 months ago
On MAKE a DIY 3D Laser Scanner Using Arduino
Quite an interesting project on Make, we need definitely more DIY, cheap 3D scanners. A comprehensive description is availabe on the website.
Maker Alessandro Grossi sent us this great DIY build for a 3D scanner built using a laser, a DSLR, and an Arduino controller. Allesandro is a Mechanical Engineer, holding a Ph.D. in product design. His day job involves helping designers and manufacturing firms develop and optimize products by means of FEM analisys and Computational fluid dynamics. This is just what he does for fun. You can read the project and more on his own site, metaingegneria.com.