- 3Drag K8200: the most amazing Mods and HacksPosted 3 days ago
- UDOO: a Linux/Arduino compatible board on SteroidsPosted 4 days ago
- Rome Maker Faire 2014 Call for makers is out!Posted 1 week ago
- Interview with MEG: the Connected, Open Source, DIY GreenhousePosted 1 week ago
- Why choose to be Open Source in the Hardware IndustryPosted 2 weeks ago
- Raspberry Pi as an Audio/Media Center: the best Linux distrosPosted 3 weeks ago
- Interact and remotely control Arduino YUN with AjaxPosted 3 weeks ago
- Arduino Yún: the best hacks you will ever seePosted 4 weeks ago
- Saving Bees in Open Source: Interview to Tristan Copley Smith and Open Source Beehives projectPosted 1 month ago
- Using REST with Arduino YunPosted 1 month ago
On MAKE a DIY 3D Laser Scanner Using Arduino
Quite an interesting project on Make, we need definitely more DIY, cheap 3D scanners. A comprehensive description is availabe on the website.
Maker Alessandro Grossi sent us this great DIY build for a 3D scanner built using a laser, a DSLR, and an Arduino controller. Allesandro is a Mechanical Engineer, holding a Ph.D. in product design. His day job involves helping designers and manufacturing firms develop and optimize products by means of FEM analisys and Computational fluid dynamics. This is just what he does for fun. You can read the project and more on his own site, metaingegneria.com.