- RandA PhotoSharing: Are you a Maker?Posted 5 days ago
- GestIC Meets Raspberry Pi: gesture recognition with Raspberry PiPosted 7 days ago
- Gestic Meets Arduino: gesture recognition with ArduinoPosted 2 weeks ago
- Fishino pinout is available!Posted 2 weeks ago
- FISHINO: Arduino becomes wirelessPosted 3 weeks ago
- Boar’s Board, something wild is making its way into the world of electronicsPosted 3 weeks ago
- Microsoft & Open Source: the Odd CouplePosted 3 weeks ago
- The Drink Maker: Open Sourcing your Cocktail!Posted 4 weeks ago
- ArdIR a programmable and remotely manageable Infrared control with ArduinoPosted 1 month ago
- BOAR’S PIGLET 01: our newborn multi-axis development boardPosted 1 month ago
On MAKE a DIY 3D Laser Scanner Using Arduino
Quite an interesting project on Make, we need definitely more DIY, cheap 3D scanners. A comprehensive description is availabe on the website.
Maker Alessandro Grossi sent us this great DIY build for a 3D scanner built using a laser, a DSLR, and an Arduino controller. Allesandro is a Mechanical Engineer, holding a Ph.D. in product design. His day job involves helping designers and manufacturing firms develop and optimize products by means of FEM analisys and Computational fluid dynamics. This is just what he does for fun. You can read the project and more on his own site, metaingegneria.com.