- An open source 3D Scanner made with Raspberry PiPosted 2 hours ago
- Open Wheels 2: an all-in-one board to control any of your robotic ProjectsPosted 4 days ago
- GuppY: Fishino becomes NanoPosted 2 weeks ago
- FISHINO becomes MegaPosted 3 weeks ago
- Discovering OpenSCAD – part 2: advanced functionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- How to make an OpenSource Vertical PlotterPosted 1 month ago
- Discovering OpenSCAD – part 1: basic functionsPosted 1 month ago
- Let’s transform Raspberry Pi into a performing and inexpensive Media CenterPosted 2 months ago
- COLIBRÌ: the driver for RGBW LEDsPosted 2 months ago
- Create a connected Fish Tank with FishinoPosted 2 months ago
On MAKE a DIY 3D Laser Scanner Using Arduino
Quite an interesting project on Make, we need definitely more DIY, cheap 3D scanners. A comprehensive description is availabe on the website.
Maker Alessandro Grossi sent us this great DIY build for a 3D scanner built using a laser, a DSLR, and an Arduino controller. Allesandro is a Mechanical Engineer, holding a Ph.D. in product design. His day job involves helping designers and manufacturing firms develop and optimize products by means of FEM analisys and Computational fluid dynamics. This is just what he does for fun. You can read the project and more on his own site, metaingegneria.com.