- Are you ready for the Future? Meet RandA at Maker Faire RomePosted 20 hours ago
- Extending the Deadline for the 3D Contest- apply until 10/20Posted 6 days ago
- Obrary, on a challenge: marketing Open Design (or Open Source Hardware)Posted 7 days ago
- We’re at World Maker Faire this Weekend!Posted 2 weeks ago
- MatterMachine is the Third Industrial Revolution, customized for youPosted 2 weeks ago
- TiDiGino: remote control based on Arduino increases the performancePosted 3 weeks ago
- Camera Pi – How Raspberry Pi can seePosted 4 weeks ago
- Arduino as a programmable logic controller (PLC)Posted 1 month ago
- Red Pitaya: the opensource electronic laboratoryPosted 1 month ago
- A Robotic lawn mower powered by Solar Energy with an Arduino heartPosted 2 months ago
On MAKE a DIY 3D Laser Scanner Using Arduino
Quite an interesting project on Make, we need definitely more DIY, cheap 3D scanners. A comprehensive description is availabe on the website.
Maker Alessandro Grossi sent us this great DIY build for a 3D scanner built using a laser, a DSLR, and an Arduino controller. Allesandro is a Mechanical Engineer, holding a Ph.D. in product design. His day job involves helping designers and manufacturing firms develop and optimize products by means of FEM analisys and Computational fluid dynamics. This is just what he does for fun. You can read the project and more on his own site, metaingegneria.com.