- Robots are going to replace developers quicklyPosted 6 hours ago
- 3D Prints with Computational HydrographicsPosted 13 hours ago
- Open Source into Microsoft’s reality finallyPosted 1 day ago
- Guide to Mobile Apps for 3D DesigningPosted 2 days ago
- A FPGA controlled RGB LED MATRIX for Incredible Effects – the SoftwarePosted 3 days ago
- Ultrasound to aging winePosted 7 days ago
- The Walt Disney’s jewel: MagicBandPosted 1 week ago
- 2017 forecast: Up 31 Percent From 2016 of Internet of Things usedPosted 2 weeks ago
- Drone – The latest Intel investmentPosted 2 weeks ago
- A FPGA controlled RGB LED MATRIX for Incredible Effects – the HardwarePosted 2 weeks ago
On MAKE a DIY 3D Laser Scanner Using Arduino
Quite an interesting project on Make, we need definitely more DIY, cheap 3D scanners. A comprehensive description is availabe on the website.
Maker Alessandro Grossi sent us this great DIY build for a 3D scanner built using a laser, a DSLR, and an Arduino controller. Allesandro is a Mechanical Engineer, holding a Ph.D. in product design. His day job involves helping designers and manufacturing firms develop and optimize products by means of FEM analisys and Computational fluid dynamics. This is just what he does for fun. You can read the project and more on his own site, metaingegneria.com.