- Most Exciting Products and Open Source Highlights at CES 2015Posted 4 hours ago
- Embedded MP3 Player & RecorderPosted 3 days ago
- Welcome to the Arduino MRF24J40 Wireless ShieldPosted 1 week ago
- Top Ten most exciting news in Open Hardware in 2014Posted 2 weeks ago
- A simple 1 Channel remote control Receiver at 433,92 MHzPosted 2 weeks ago
- Here comes the open source Snow Plow RobotPosted 3 weeks ago
- Discover Banana Pi, another Linux board for you to experiment with!Posted 1 month ago
- An intelligent XMAS Lamp to Light up your Christmas!Posted 1 month ago
- What is new in Raspberry Pi B+Posted 2 months ago
- Using Aurel RFTide along with Arduino: the RFTide ShieldPosted 2 months ago
On MAKE a DIY 3D Laser Scanner Using Arduino
Quite an interesting project on Make, we need definitely more DIY, cheap 3D scanners. A comprehensive description is availabe on the website.
Maker Alessandro Grossi sent us this great DIY build for a 3D scanner built using a laser, a DSLR, and an Arduino controller. Allesandro is a Mechanical Engineer, holding a Ph.D. in product design. His day job involves helping designers and manufacturing firms develop and optimize products by means of FEM analisys and Computational fluid dynamics. This is just what he does for fun. You can read the project and more on his own site, metaingegneria.com.