- Buiding an arcade coin-op machine to rediscover the 80-90s with RetroPiePosted 1 day ago
- Which is the best (open source) 3D printer?Posted 5 days ago
- The ESP WiFi Shield: the best value for money and low energy consumptionPosted 2 weeks ago
- Creating a Network of Nodes with LoRa ShieldPosted 3 weeks ago
- Using LoRa shield in Packet ModePosted 4 weeks ago
- Full Graphic Smart Controller display for 3Drag 3DprinterPosted 1 month ago
- Wi-Lamp, the Open Source Wi-Fi LED lampPosted 1 month ago
- An Android app to manage the GSM Remote ControlPosted 2 months ago
- The LoRa shield: an Open Source Arduino’s long-range communication modulePosted 2 months ago
- The soul of the open source automatic bartender: the DRINK MAKER softwarePosted 2 months ago
On MAKE a DIY 3D Laser Scanner Using Arduino
Quite an interesting project on Make, we need definitely more DIY, cheap 3D scanners. A comprehensive description is availabe on the website.
Maker Alessandro Grossi sent us this great DIY build for a 3D scanner built using a laser, a DSLR, and an Arduino controller. Allesandro is a Mechanical Engineer, holding a Ph.D. in product design. His day job involves helping designers and manufacturing firms develop and optimize products by means of FEM analisys and Computational fluid dynamics. This is just what he does for fun. You can read the project and more on his own site, metaingegneria.com.