- FairWind: when marine electronics, open source and the University meetPosted 1 day ago
- The Discovery of the Future: Stretchable integrated circuitPosted 2 days ago
- Robots are going to replace developers quicklyPosted 2 days ago
- 3D Prints with Computational HydrographicsPosted 3 days ago
- Open Source into Microsoft’s reality finallyPosted 3 days ago
- Guide to Mobile Apps for 3D DesigningPosted 4 days ago
- A FPGA controlled RGB LED MATRIX for Incredible Effects – the SoftwarePosted 5 days ago
- Ultrasound to aging winePosted 1 week ago
- The Walt Disney’s jewel: MagicBandPosted 1 week ago
- 2017 forecast: Up 31 Percent From 2016 of Internet of Things usedPosted 2 weeks ago
OLinuXino truly Open Source Hardware Linux Boards
For those who still don’t know that, OLINUXINO is a valid Linux board that is really and completely Open Source. Olimex provides several d different boards. Give a look:
OLINUXINO is Open Source software and Open Source Hardware, low cost EUR 30 Linux Industrial grade single board computer with GPIOs capable of operating at -25+85C.
The project is hosted at Github
The development discussion group
People keep comparing OLINUXINO with Raspberry Pi and BeagleBone project, so we would like to state the differences here:
Although the projects are similar, there are different goals and implementations:
OLINUXINO is completely open source – including hardware and software, which means you have access to all the CAD files and sources and you can reuse them for your own personal or commercial projects. There are NO restrictions to manufacturing and selling these boards for your own use or resale.
OLINUXINO use a widely available microcontroller iMX233, which costs USD 5.50 in 100 pcs quantity. This means that people can spin off their own boards and manufacture them as cheaply as the processor in TQFP package is easy to assemble by a hobbyist package.