- An Open Source 4W Guitar AmplifierPosted 3 days ago
- An open source Rain Sensor and controllerPosted 2 weeks ago
- An OTP (On Time Password) LockPosted 3 weeks ago
- Print with Chocolate in two colours with 3Drag Choco Big Dual ExtruderPosted 1 month ago
- A Christmas Star with Neopixel LEDsPosted 1 month ago
- SmartPID: Smart Temperature and Process ControllerPosted 1 month ago
- An Electric Speed Control for DC motorsPosted 2 months ago
- The BF 15+15W open source power ampPosted 3 months ago
- The Strato Pi UPS boardPosted 3 months ago
- Analyzing Semiconductor with a set of simple toolsPosted 3 months ago
Microchip announces BodyCom™ Technology
Microchip’s BodyCom™ Technology is a short-range, low-data-rate communication solution for securely connecting to a wide range of wireless applications. Activated by capacitively coupling to the human body, the system communicates bidirectionally between a centralized controller and one or more wireless mobile units. Intra-body communication occurs utilizing the human body as the transmission medium.
At Embedded World conference in Germany, Microchip Technology Inc. presented a new solution – BodyCom™ technology – which provides designers with the world’s first framework for using the human body as a secure communication channel. The technology works thanks a clever human body capacitively coupling method. This solution enables a broad range of applications where secure wireless communication is essential.
Compared to existing wireless methods BodyCom technology also promises lower energy consumption.
Here’s a short video
and a brief presentation: