- FairWind: when marine electronics, open source and the University meetPosted 1 day ago
- The Discovery of the Future: Stretchable integrated circuitPosted 2 days ago
- Robots are going to replace developers quicklyPosted 2 days ago
- 3D Prints with Computational HydrographicsPosted 3 days ago
- Open Source into Microsoft’s reality finallyPosted 3 days ago
- Guide to Mobile Apps for 3D DesigningPosted 4 days ago
- A FPGA controlled RGB LED MATRIX for Incredible Effects – the SoftwarePosted 5 days ago
- Ultrasound to aging winePosted 1 week ago
- The Walt Disney’s jewel: MagicBandPosted 1 week ago
- 2017 forecast: Up 31 Percent From 2016 of Internet of Things usedPosted 2 weeks ago
Magic Lantern: Open Source community innovation for Canon
We usually don’t feature projects that are only related to Open Source software but Magic Lantern is really a beautiful community based innovation project that Canon should really consider:
Magic Lantern is a software enhancement that offers increased functionality to the excellent Canon DSLR cameras. We have created an open framework, licensed under GPL, for developing extensions to the official firmware.
Magic Lantern is not a “hack”, or a modified firmware, it is an independent program that runs alongside Canon’s own software. Each time you start your camera, Magic Lantern is loaded from your memory card. Our only modification was to enable the ability to run software from the memory card.
ML is being developed by photo and video enthusiasts, adding functionality such as: HDR images and video, timelapse, motion detection, focus assist tools, manual audio controls much more.