- TORPEDO: an all-purpose switched-mode power supplyPosted 1 week ago
- The SEPIC switching convertersPosted 2 weeks ago
- Discover and Design innovative applications in Wireless Power with UsPosted 3 weeks ago
- Octopus, a “tentacular” shield for Arduino and FishinoPosted 4 weeks ago
- Keychainino: a programmable, playful Key RingPosted 1 month ago
- Let’s Build an open source Quadcopter – Part2Posted 2 months ago
- Let’s Build an open source Quadcopter – Part1Posted 2 months ago
- An open source 3D Scanner made with Raspberry PiPosted 2 months ago
- Open Wheels 2: an all-in-one board to control any of your robotic ProjectsPosted 2 months ago
- GuppY: Fishino becomes NanoPosted 2 months ago
Magic Lantern: Open Source community innovation for Canon
We usually don’t feature projects that are only related to Open Source software but Magic Lantern is really a beautiful community based innovation project that Canon should really consider:
Magic Lantern is a software enhancement that offers increased functionality to the excellent Canon DSLR cameras. We have created an open framework, licensed under GPL, for developing extensions to the official firmware.
Magic Lantern is not a “hack”, or a modified firmware, it is an independent program that runs alongside Canon’s own software. Each time you start your camera, Magic Lantern is loaded from your memory card. Our only modification was to enable the ability to run software from the memory card.
ML is being developed by photo and video enthusiasts, adding functionality such as: HDR images and video, timelapse, motion detection, focus assist tools, manual audio controls much more.