- A 32-BIT FISHINO! WiFi, SD card, RTC, audio codec, LiPo and more…Posted 1 day ago
- A full featured mp3 DemoboardPosted 1 week ago
- A 32-BIT FISHINO board for your powerful IoT!Posted 4 weeks ago
- FairWind: when marine electronics, open source and the University meetPosted 4 weeks ago
- The Discovery of the Future: Stretchable integrated circuitPosted 4 weeks ago
- Robots are going to replace developers quicklyPosted 4 weeks ago
- 3D Prints with Computational HydrographicsPosted 1 month ago
- Open Source into Microsoft’s reality finallyPosted 1 month ago
- Guide to Mobile Apps for 3D DesigningPosted 1 month ago
- A FPGA controlled RGB LED MATRIX for Incredible Effects – the SoftwarePosted 1 month ago
Machine Series wants to merge FDM and Open Design
Machine Series is a platform that lives between industry and artisans, producing elegant everyday objects through approachable, open source manufacturing technologies. The goal of Machine Series is to craft simplicity out of complexity – to create restrained, subtle, and unobtrusive beauty through the optimisation of outstanding manufacturing techniques, no matter how simple or complex they are.
This first collection is a set of basic tabletop accessories that challenges a classic FDM (Fused Deposition Modeling) technique and reduces the outcome to a more purist, Shibui (渋い) aesthetic. The result is a carefully crafted housewares collection consisting of shapes, proportions, and surface finishes that become a fully-finished product the very moment the object is removed from the 3D printerTechnique is Beauty – The focus of this exploration has been to elevate 3D printing – a technology that is very much talked about but is relegated to either cumbersome amateurish results or over expensive artistic applications. We believe that by exploring the full potential of FDM, we are able to create items that are as simple as they are sophisticated and as elegant as they are innovative.
Open Design – In the spirit of accessible manufacturing, Machine Series subscribes to and believes in the principles of open source, making all the files developed to produce the collection available here. In this way, Machine Series is also an invitation to modify, improve, and adapt the collection to new materials, techniques and formal explorations. It is an invitation to open design.