- 2,8W Class D AmplifierPosted 3 days ago
- An Electronic LED Roulette you can self buildPosted 1 week ago
- An Open Source Sprinkler System powered by YúnPosted 2 weeks ago
- LED MATRIX: giant & stand-alone panelsPosted 3 weeks ago
- A 32-BIT FISHINO! WiFi, SD card, RTC, audio codec, LiPo and more…Posted 1 month ago
- A full featured mp3 DemoboardPosted 1 month ago
- A 32-BIT FISHINO board for your powerful IoT!Posted 2 months ago
- FairWind: when marine electronics, open source and the University meetPosted 2 months ago
- The Discovery of the Future: Stretchable integrated circuitPosted 2 months ago
- Robots are going to replace developers quicklyPosted 2 months ago
Machine Series wants to merge FDM and Open Design
Machine Series is a platform that lives between industry and artisans, producing elegant everyday objects through approachable, open source manufacturing technologies. The goal of Machine Series is to craft simplicity out of complexity – to create restrained, subtle, and unobtrusive beauty through the optimisation of outstanding manufacturing techniques, no matter how simple or complex they are.
This first collection is a set of basic tabletop accessories that challenges a classic FDM (Fused Deposition Modeling) technique and reduces the outcome to a more purist, Shibui (渋い) aesthetic. The result is a carefully crafted housewares collection consisting of shapes, proportions, and surface finishes that become a fully-finished product the very moment the object is removed from the 3D printerTechnique is Beauty – The focus of this exploration has been to elevate 3D printing – a technology that is very much talked about but is relegated to either cumbersome amateurish results or over expensive artistic applications. We believe that by exploring the full potential of FDM, we are able to create items that are as simple as they are sophisticated and as elegant as they are innovative.
Open Design – In the spirit of accessible manufacturing, Machine Series subscribes to and believes in the principles of open source, making all the files developed to produce the collection available here. In this way, Machine Series is also an invitation to modify, improve, and adapt the collection to new materials, techniques and formal explorations. It is an invitation to open design.