- 2,8W Class D AmplifierPosted 4 days ago
- An Electronic LED Roulette you can self buildPosted 1 week ago
- An Open Source Sprinkler System powered by YúnPosted 3 weeks ago
- LED MATRIX: giant & stand-alone panelsPosted 4 weeks ago
- A 32-BIT FISHINO! WiFi, SD card, RTC, audio codec, LiPo and more…Posted 1 month ago
- A full featured mp3 DemoboardPosted 1 month ago
- A 32-BIT FISHINO board for your powerful IoT!Posted 2 months ago
- FairWind: when marine electronics, open source and the University meetPosted 2 months ago
- The Discovery of the Future: Stretchable integrated circuitPosted 2 months ago
- Robots are going to replace developers quicklyPosted 2 months ago
LIFEHAND 2: an excellent prosthetic project from nationally financed project in Italy
A truly excellent prosthetic project from nationally financed project in Italy. It’s not clear whether or not this will be open sourced but as it’s financed with public money, for sure it should:
LifeHand 2 aims to create a completely implantable prosthesis system, richly sensorized and crontrolled through the patient’s nervous system, with a dexterity comparable to a natural limb.
Studies, which have been carried out furthering the results achieved in 2008, led in 2013 to this latest experimental phase called LifeHand 2. The research project enabling experimentation was named NEMESIS (NEurocontrolled MEchatronic Hand ProstheSIS) and was financed by the Italian Ministry of Health.
The synergy between researchers is set to continue also with the HandBot project (MIUR\PRIN 2013-2015 Programme), which has just been launched and is being coordinated by the Campus Bio-Medico University of Rome.