- An Open Source 4W Guitar AmplifierPosted 3 days ago
- An open source Rain Sensor and controllerPosted 2 weeks ago
- An OTP (On Time Password) LockPosted 3 weeks ago
- Print with Chocolate in two colours with 3Drag Choco Big Dual ExtruderPosted 1 month ago
- A Christmas Star with Neopixel LEDsPosted 1 month ago
- SmartPID: Smart Temperature and Process ControllerPosted 1 month ago
- An Electric Speed Control for DC motorsPosted 2 months ago
- The BF 15+15W open source power ampPosted 3 months ago
- The Strato Pi UPS boardPosted 3 months ago
- Analyzing Semiconductor with a set of simple toolsPosted 3 months ago
Handibot™ another clever tool on Kickstarter
A Handibot tool is a new kind of portable, digitally-controlled power tool for cutting, drilling, carving, and many other machining operations– a first Universal Digital Power Tool (UDPT) – or just, a Smart Tool. If you’re familiar with industrial CNC (computer numerically controlled) equipment, think of the Handibot tool as a portable version of CNC. But instead of taking material to a stationary machine, you bring the Handibot to your material — your jobsite, your remodeling task, your project, your work.
The interesting thing about this campaign is that the guys here have a quite cool long term vision:
We plan to produce the early batches of Handibots in our manufacturing facilities here in Durham, NC and to continue producing some of the tools ourselves. But our vision is that as the demand for tools grows we will extend the manufacturing to a distributed network of small digital fab shops, a subset of the 100kGarages.com network who are interested in being local producers of Handibots.