- FairWind: when marine electronics, open source and the University meetPosted 1 day ago
- The Discovery of the Future: Stretchable integrated circuitPosted 2 days ago
- Robots are going to replace developers quicklyPosted 2 days ago
- 3D Prints with Computational HydrographicsPosted 3 days ago
- Open Source into Microsoft’s reality finallyPosted 3 days ago
- Guide to Mobile Apps for 3D DesigningPosted 4 days ago
- A FPGA controlled RGB LED MATRIX for Incredible Effects – the SoftwarePosted 5 days ago
- Ultrasound to aging winePosted 1 week ago
- The Walt Disney’s jewel: MagicBandPosted 1 week ago
- 2017 forecast: Up 31 Percent From 2016 of Internet of Things usedPosted 2 weeks ago
Handibot™ another clever tool on Kickstarter
A Handibot tool is a new kind of portable, digitally-controlled power tool for cutting, drilling, carving, and many other machining operations– a first Universal Digital Power Tool (UDPT) – or just, a Smart Tool. If you’re familiar with industrial CNC (computer numerically controlled) equipment, think of the Handibot tool as a portable version of CNC. But instead of taking material to a stationary machine, you bring the Handibot to your material — your jobsite, your remodeling task, your project, your work.
The interesting thing about this campaign is that the guys here have a quite cool long term vision:
We plan to produce the early batches of Handibots in our manufacturing facilities here in Durham, NC and to continue producing some of the tools ourselves. But our vision is that as the demand for tools grows we will extend the manufacturing to a distributed network of small digital fab shops, a subset of the 100kGarages.com network who are interested in being local producers of Handibots.