- A 32-BIT FISHINO! WiFi, SD card, RTC, audio codec, LiPo and more…Posted 1 day ago
- A full featured mp3 DemoboardPosted 1 week ago
- A 32-BIT FISHINO board for your powerful IoT!Posted 4 weeks ago
- FairWind: when marine electronics, open source and the University meetPosted 4 weeks ago
- The Discovery of the Future: Stretchable integrated circuitPosted 4 weeks ago
- Robots are going to replace developers quicklyPosted 4 weeks ago
- 3D Prints with Computational HydrographicsPosted 1 month ago
- Open Source into Microsoft’s reality finallyPosted 1 month ago
- Guide to Mobile Apps for 3D DesigningPosted 1 month ago
- A FPGA controlled RGB LED MATRIX for Incredible Effects – the SoftwarePosted 1 month ago
Hacking 2 DVD RW writers: here’s engravR (RPi Laser Engraver)
Hacking 2 DVD RW writers and creating a Laser Engraver from it.
Note: If you don’t particularly care about the technical aspects of the project, skip to 13:45 to see the engraver in action!
My code is available here: https://github.com/iandouglas96/engravR. Feel free to modify it as you so desire.
engravR is a Raspberry Pi powered laser engraver built primarily using two old DVD RW drives. It was built following the following tutorial: http://funofdiy.blogspot.com/2013/10/…. Note that I did make changes to the code given there in order to allow remote engraving and to be able to read the kind of GCode that GCodeTools generates. It is available at the above GitHub link.
Raspberry Pi is a trademark of the Raspberry Pi Foundation (http://raspberrypi.org)
pxlweavr is online at http://www.pxlweavr.com