- An open source Rain Sensor and controllerPosted 3 days ago
- An OTP (On Time Password) LockPosted 2 weeks ago
- Print with Chocolate in two colours with 3Drag Choco Big Dual ExtruderPosted 3 weeks ago
- A Christmas Star with Neopixel LEDsPosted 1 month ago
- SmartPID: Smart Temperature and Process ControllerPosted 1 month ago
- An Electric Speed Control for DC motorsPosted 1 month ago
- The BF 15+15W open source power ampPosted 2 months ago
- The Strato Pi UPS boardPosted 2 months ago
- Analyzing Semiconductor with a set of simple toolsPosted 3 months ago
- A RTC SHIELD for Arduino and Raspberry Pi, second partPosted 3 months ago
Hacking 2 DVD RW writers: here’s engravR (RPi Laser Engraver)
Hacking 2 DVD RW writers and creating a Laser Engraver from it.
Note: If you don’t particularly care about the technical aspects of the project, skip to 13:45 to see the engraver in action!
My code is available here: https://github.com/iandouglas96/engravR. Feel free to modify it as you so desire.
engravR is a Raspberry Pi powered laser engraver built primarily using two old DVD RW drives. It was built following the following tutorial: http://funofdiy.blogspot.com/2013/10/…. Note that I did make changes to the code given there in order to allow remote engraving and to be able to read the kind of GCode that GCodeTools generates. It is available at the above GitHub link.
Raspberry Pi is a trademark of the Raspberry Pi Foundation (http://raspberrypi.org)
pxlweavr is online at http://www.pxlweavr.com