- TORPEDO: an all-purpose switched-mode power supplyPosted 1 week ago
- The SEPIC switching convertersPosted 2 weeks ago
- Discover and Design innovative applications in Wireless Power with UsPosted 3 weeks ago
- Octopus, a “tentacular” shield for Arduino and FishinoPosted 4 weeks ago
- Keychainino: a programmable, playful Key RingPosted 1 month ago
- Let’s Build an open source Quadcopter – Part2Posted 2 months ago
- Let’s Build an open source Quadcopter – Part1Posted 2 months ago
- An open source 3D Scanner made with Raspberry PiPosted 2 months ago
- Open Wheels 2: an all-in-one board to control any of your robotic ProjectsPosted 2 months ago
- GuppY: Fishino becomes NanoPosted 2 months ago
Hacking 2 DVD RW writers: here’s engravR (RPi Laser Engraver)
Hacking 2 DVD RW writers and creating a Laser Engraver from it.
Note: If you don’t particularly care about the technical aspects of the project, skip to 13:45 to see the engraver in action!
My code is available here: https://github.com/iandouglas96/engravR. Feel free to modify it as you so desire.
engravR is a Raspberry Pi powered laser engraver built primarily using two old DVD RW drives. It was built following the following tutorial: http://funofdiy.blogspot.com/2013/10/…. Note that I did make changes to the code given there in order to allow remote engraving and to be able to read the kind of GCode that GCodeTools generates. It is available at the above GitHub link.
Raspberry Pi is a trademark of the Raspberry Pi Foundation (http://raspberrypi.org)
pxlweavr is online at http://www.pxlweavr.com