- An Electric Speed Control for DC motorsPosted 1 week ago
- The BF 15+15W open source power ampPosted 4 weeks ago
- The Strato Pi UPS boardPosted 1 month ago
- Analyzing Semiconductor with a set of simple toolsPosted 2 months ago
- A RTC SHIELD for Arduino and Raspberry Pi, second partPosted 2 months ago
- A RTC SHIELD for Arduino and Raspberry PiPosted 2 months ago
- A Car Battery Level Indicator that plugs in your cigar lighter socketPosted 2 months ago
- TORPEDO: an all-purpose switched-mode power supplyPosted 3 months ago
- The SEPIC switching convertersPosted 3 months ago
- Discover and Design innovative applications in Wireless Power with UsPosted 3 months ago
Hacking 2 DVD RW writers: here’s engravR (RPi Laser Engraver)
Hacking 2 DVD RW writers and creating a Laser Engraver from it.
Note: If you don’t particularly care about the technical aspects of the project, skip to 13:45 to see the engraver in action!
My code is available here: https://github.com/iandouglas96/engravR. Feel free to modify it as you so desire.
engravR is a Raspberry Pi powered laser engraver built primarily using two old DVD RW drives. It was built following the following tutorial: http://funofdiy.blogspot.com/2013/10/…. Note that I did make changes to the code given there in order to allow remote engraving and to be able to read the kind of GCode that GCodeTools generates. It is available at the above GitHub link.
Raspberry Pi is a trademark of the Raspberry Pi Foundation (http://raspberrypi.org)
pxlweavr is online at http://www.pxlweavr.com