- Analyzing Semiconductor with a set of simple toolsPosted 7 days ago
- A RTC SHIELD for Arduino and Raspberry Pi, second partPosted 2 weeks ago
- A RTC SHIELD for Arduino and Raspberry PiPosted 3 weeks ago
- A Car Battery Level Indicator that plugs in your cigar lighter socketPosted 4 weeks ago
- TORPEDO: an all-purpose switched-mode power supplyPosted 1 month ago
- The SEPIC switching convertersPosted 2 months ago
- Discover and Design innovative applications in Wireless Power with UsPosted 2 months ago
- Octopus, a “tentacular” shield for Arduino and FishinoPosted 2 months ago
- Keychainino: a programmable, playful Key RingPosted 2 months ago
- Let’s Build an open source Quadcopter – Part2Posted 3 months ago
Hacking 2 DVD RW writers: here’s engravR (RPi Laser Engraver)
Hacking 2 DVD RW writers and creating a Laser Engraver from it.
Note: If you don’t particularly care about the technical aspects of the project, skip to 13:45 to see the engraver in action!
My code is available here: https://github.com/iandouglas96/engravR. Feel free to modify it as you so desire.
engravR is a Raspberry Pi powered laser engraver built primarily using two old DVD RW drives. It was built following the following tutorial: http://funofdiy.blogspot.com/2013/10/…. Note that I did make changes to the code given there in order to allow remote engraving and to be able to read the kind of GCode that GCodeTools generates. It is available at the above GitHub link.
Raspberry Pi is a trademark of the Raspberry Pi Foundation (http://raspberrypi.org)
pxlweavr is online at http://www.pxlweavr.com