- A Car Battery Level Indicator that plugs in your cigar lighter socketPosted 14 hours ago
- TORPEDO: an all-purpose switched-mode power supplyPosted 2 weeks ago
- The SEPIC switching convertersPosted 3 weeks ago
- Discover and Design innovative applications in Wireless Power with UsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Octopus, a “tentacular” shield for Arduino and FishinoPosted 1 month ago
- Keychainino: a programmable, playful Key RingPosted 1 month ago
- Let’s Build an open source Quadcopter – Part2Posted 2 months ago
- Let’s Build an open source Quadcopter – Part1Posted 2 months ago
- An open source 3D Scanner made with Raspberry PiPosted 2 months ago
- Open Wheels 2: an all-in-one board to control any of your robotic ProjectsPosted 2 months ago
GSM Remote Control – Gate Control
Part 1 – Introduction
Now we can start describing our first application, that is, the GSM gate controller: in this modality, our system controls the relay it is equipped with whenever it receives a call from a telephone number belonging to a list of numbers previously acquired through a special procedure, which can be performed via SMS using a telephone number which has been stored through the special Easy-Setup function. This function starts automatically when the circuit is first started or following the first start-up after a total reset; once this function starts, the circuit waits for a call for three minutes; if it receives one, it stores the number at the top of the list of those numbers enabled to call. At this point, the remote control starts working normally.
Once the number has been stored, the programming can be done from the telephone (which must be a cell phone) associated with that number, by using simple SMS commands described below and that can be found summarized in the chart at the end of this document.
Whenever it receives a call, the gate opener fails to answer so that the caller need not spend any money; in the event that the calling number is in the list, the exit relay gets impulsively activated for a time that can be set between 0 and 59 seconds. Its state can be modified at any time by using a special SMS remote command.