- 2,8W Class D AmplifierPosted 4 days ago
- An Electronic LED Roulette you can self buildPosted 1 week ago
- An Open Source Sprinkler System powered by YúnPosted 3 weeks ago
- LED MATRIX: giant & stand-alone panelsPosted 4 weeks ago
- A 32-BIT FISHINO! WiFi, SD card, RTC, audio codec, LiPo and more…Posted 1 month ago
- A full featured mp3 DemoboardPosted 1 month ago
- A 32-BIT FISHINO board for your powerful IoT!Posted 2 months ago
- FairWind: when marine electronics, open source and the University meetPosted 2 months ago
- The Discovery of the Future: Stretchable integrated circuitPosted 2 months ago
- Robots are going to replace developers quicklyPosted 2 months ago
GSM Remote Control – Gate Control
Part 1 – Introduction
Now we can start describing our first application, that is, the GSM gate controller: in this modality, our system controls the relay it is equipped with whenever it receives a call from a telephone number belonging to a list of numbers previously acquired through a special procedure, which can be performed via SMS using a telephone number which has been stored through the special Easy-Setup function. This function starts automatically when the circuit is first started or following the first start-up after a total reset; once this function starts, the circuit waits for a call for three minutes; if it receives one, it stores the number at the top of the list of those numbers enabled to call. At this point, the remote control starts working normally.
Once the number has been stored, the programming can be done from the telephone (which must be a cell phone) associated with that number, by using simple SMS commands described below and that can be found summarized in the chart at the end of this document.
Whenever it receives a call, the gate opener fails to answer so that the caller need not spend any money; in the event that the calling number is in the list, the exit relay gets impulsively activated for a time that can be set between 0 and 59 seconds. Its state can be modified at any time by using a special SMS remote command.