- 2,8W Class D AmplifierPosted 3 days ago
- An Electronic LED Roulette you can self buildPosted 1 week ago
- An Open Source Sprinkler System powered by YúnPosted 2 weeks ago
- LED MATRIX: giant & stand-alone panelsPosted 3 weeks ago
- A 32-BIT FISHINO! WiFi, SD card, RTC, audio codec, LiPo and more…Posted 1 month ago
- A full featured mp3 DemoboardPosted 1 month ago
- A 32-BIT FISHINO board for your powerful IoT!Posted 2 months ago
- FairWind: when marine electronics, open source and the University meetPosted 2 months ago
- The Discovery of the Future: Stretchable integrated circuitPosted 2 months ago
- Robots are going to replace developers quicklyPosted 2 months ago
GSM localizer without GPS – Part 3
The module used in our localizer is the Enabler IIIG GSM0308 by Enfora, one of the smallest yet best performing modules of this type currently available. The device, which utilizes a chipset made by Texas Instruments, is but 1.06 x 1.10 inches, is a quad-band that works both in Europe and the US, and has all the functions needed to build M2M devices, including the TCP/IP stack. The technical documentation regarding this device is thorough: hardware and software manuals, as well as numerous tutorials, can easily be downloaded directly from www.enfora.com. Also available for this module is an inexpensive development system. The Enfora module is a GSM/GPRS/Edge device that has everything except loudspeakers, microphone, and keyboard,which, by the way, are not necessary in our application given that the cell phone is employed for SMS messages as well as to transmit and receive data using the TCP/IP system of the GPRS network.
Even the antenna is external: we resolved to connect it to only one pad, where the antenna cable can be soldered . This module consumes very little energy: during transmission, it consumes 230 mA in GSM 850/900 MHz and 175 in GSM 1.800/1.900 MHz; when not in transmission, it consumes only 10 mA (and goes down to when idle, that is, when it is disabled through the PWRCTL line). The antenna’s transmitted energy is 2 watts at 850/900 MHz and 1 W at 1.800/1.900 MHz; the reception sensitivity is perfect: -106 dB.
Enfora GSM/GPRS module