- A full featured mp3 DemoboardPosted 1 week ago
- A 32-BIT FISHINO board for your powerful IoT!Posted 4 weeks ago
- FairWind: when marine electronics, open source and the University meetPosted 4 weeks ago
- The Discovery of the Future: Stretchable integrated circuitPosted 4 weeks ago
- Robots are going to replace developers quicklyPosted 4 weeks ago
- 3D Prints with Computational HydrographicsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Open Source into Microsoft’s reality finallyPosted 4 weeks ago
- Guide to Mobile Apps for 3D DesigningPosted 1 month ago
- A FPGA controlled RGB LED MATRIX for Incredible Effects – the SoftwarePosted 1 month ago
- Ultrasound to aging winePosted 1 month ago
Formlabs Form1 goes into production
Do you remember Formlabs Form 1? The high resolution, affordable printer that got a patent infringement lawsuit right after its Kickstarter campaign by 3Dsystems? The terrific campaign that ended up with over $2.9 million funding gave the team the possibility to focus on solving those issues and eventually they were able to start the production and move forward:
Over the last few months, we have assembled our supply chain while carefully vetting even the smallest parts that make up the Form 1. We are ecstatic to say that after multiple rounds of improvements, component testing, and revisions, we used Kickstarter funds last month to order the tens of thousands of parts (like the displays below) needed to build more than 1,000 printers. As components continue to arrive, the Form Team is readying our production lines to get moving as fast as possible on our US factory floor.
For those who still prefer 3D printer kits, why not to look into our 3Drag specs?