- Discovering OpenSCAD – part 2: advanced functionsPosted 1 hour ago
- How to make an OpenSource Vertical PlotterPosted 1 week ago
- Discovering OpenSCAD – part 1: basic functionsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Let’s transform Raspberry Pi into a performing and inexpensive Media CenterPosted 3 weeks ago
- COLIBRÌ: the driver for RGBW LEDsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Create a connected Fish Tank with FishinoPosted 1 month ago
- Buiding an arcade coin-op machine to rediscover the 80-90s with RetroPiePosted 1 month ago
- Which is the best (open source) 3D printer?Posted 1 month ago
- The ESP WiFi Shield: the best value for money and low energy consumptionPosted 2 months ago
- Creating a Network of Nodes with LoRa ShieldPosted 2 months ago
DIMBODY: finally an OpenSource 3d desktop scanner funding on Indiegogo
Despite the Indiegogo Campaign has a challenging target, the Dimbody project seems really great and god only knows how much do we need an open source 3D scanner for the masses.
DIMBODY is a 3d scanner, a digitalizer tha allows you to take a physical object, and turn it into a digital 3D model on your computer.
DIMBODY is based on triangulation between laser plane and a CMOS monochromatic sensor, it acquires point coordinates of an object (point cloud). The point cloud is then transformed in a 3d surface by the software and saved as a STL file. Then you can print it in your 3d printer, or scale, transform, modify it in a CAD software.
Thanks to rotating turret DIMBODY accuracy is outstanding and thanks to rotating platform scannig phase is totally automated.
If you are a maker, you really need to have a DIMBODY to unleash your fantasy and avoid to loose time in 3d cad drawing