- LONG-RANGE TECHNOLOGIES FOR IoTPosted 2 weeks ago
- 3D Scanning with Microsoft KinectPosted 2 weeks ago
- Get Crazy with the Smartphone controlled Skateboarding!Posted 3 weeks ago
- RandA: WebServer applicationPosted 4 weeks ago
- BananaPi, the latest software updatesPosted 1 month ago
- Embedded MP3 Player & Recorder: The firmwarePosted 1 month ago
- Embedded MP3 Player & Recorder: How it worksPosted 2 months ago
- Syringe Heater for 3Drag chocolate printerPosted 2 months ago
- Arietta G25 – The latest Embedded Linux BoardPosted 2 months ago
- Learning how to use the RandA BoardPosted 2 months ago
DIMBODY: finally an OpenSource 3d desktop scanner funding on Indiegogo
Despite the Indiegogo Campaign has a challenging target, the Dimbody project seems really great and god only knows how much do we need an open source 3D scanner for the masses.
DIMBODY is a 3d scanner, a digitalizer tha allows you to take a physical object, and turn it into a digital 3D model on your computer.
DIMBODY is based on triangulation between laser plane and a CMOS monochromatic sensor, it acquires point coordinates of an object (point cloud). The point cloud is then transformed in a 3d surface by the software and saved as a STL file. Then you can print it in your 3d printer, or scale, transform, modify it in a CAD software.
Thanks to rotating turret DIMBODY accuracy is outstanding and thanks to rotating platform scannig phase is totally automated.
If you are a maker, you really need to have a DIMBODY to unleash your fantasy and avoid to loose time in 3d cad drawing