- A 32-BIT FISHINO! WiFi, SD card, RTC, audio codec, LiPo and more…Posted 3 days ago
- A full featured mp3 DemoboardPosted 2 weeks ago
- A 32-BIT FISHINO board for your powerful IoT!Posted 4 weeks ago
- FairWind: when marine electronics, open source and the University meetPosted 1 month ago
- The Discovery of the Future: Stretchable integrated circuitPosted 1 month ago
- Robots are going to replace developers quicklyPosted 1 month ago
- 3D Prints with Computational HydrographicsPosted 1 month ago
- Open Source into Microsoft’s reality finallyPosted 1 month ago
- Guide to Mobile Apps for 3D DesigningPosted 1 month ago
- A FPGA controlled RGB LED MATRIX for Incredible Effects – the SoftwarePosted 1 month ago
DIMBODY: finally an OpenSource 3d desktop scanner funding on Indiegogo
Despite the Indiegogo Campaign has a challenging target, the Dimbody project seems really great and god only knows how much do we need an open source 3D scanner for the masses.
DIMBODY is a 3d scanner, a digitalizer tha allows you to take a physical object, and turn it into a digital 3D model on your computer.
DIMBODY is based on triangulation between laser plane and a CMOS monochromatic sensor, it acquires point coordinates of an object (point cloud). The point cloud is then transformed in a 3d surface by the software and saved as a STL file. Then you can print it in your 3d printer, or scale, transform, modify it in a CAD software.
Thanks to rotating turret DIMBODY accuracy is outstanding and thanks to rotating platform scannig phase is totally automated.
If you are a maker, you really need to have a DIMBODY to unleash your fantasy and avoid to loose time in 3d cad drawing