- An open source 3D Scanner made with Raspberry PiPosted 13 hours ago
- Open Wheels 2: an all-in-one board to control any of your robotic ProjectsPosted 5 days ago
- GuppY: Fishino becomes NanoPosted 2 weeks ago
- FISHINO becomes MegaPosted 3 weeks ago
- Discovering OpenSCAD – part 2: advanced functionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- How to make an OpenSource Vertical PlotterPosted 1 month ago
- Discovering OpenSCAD – part 1: basic functionsPosted 1 month ago
- Let’s transform Raspberry Pi into a performing and inexpensive Media CenterPosted 2 months ago
- COLIBRÌ: the driver for RGBW LEDsPosted 2 months ago
- Create a connected Fish Tank with FishinoPosted 2 months ago
DIMBODY: finally an OpenSource 3d desktop scanner funding on Indiegogo
Despite the Indiegogo Campaign has a challenging target, the Dimbody project seems really great and god only knows how much do we need an open source 3D scanner for the masses.
DIMBODY is a 3d scanner, a digitalizer tha allows you to take a physical object, and turn it into a digital 3D model on your computer.
DIMBODY is based on triangulation between laser plane and a CMOS monochromatic sensor, it acquires point coordinates of an object (point cloud). The point cloud is then transformed in a 3d surface by the software and saved as a STL file. Then you can print it in your 3d printer, or scale, transform, modify it in a CAD software.
Thanks to rotating turret DIMBODY accuracy is outstanding and thanks to rotating platform scannig phase is totally automated.
If you are a maker, you really need to have a DIMBODY to unleash your fantasy and avoid to loose time in 3d cad drawing