- Contest 3Drag/K8200Posted 15 hours ago
- Add functions to your Dotklok: Remote ControlPosted 1 week ago
- A useful and simple IO Shield for ArduinoPosted 2 weeks ago
- Open Compute Project: open design applied to data centersPosted 2 weeks ago
- A Look into the Open Source Hardware CommunityPosted 3 weeks ago
- Raspberry Pi: giant hacks for a tiny boardPosted 3 weeks ago
- Hack your Valentine with HeartThrobPosted 4 weeks ago
- A new Wi-Fi Shield to connect your Arduino to the InternetPosted 4 weeks ago
- Interview To Gabriella Levine, OSHWA presidentPosted 1 month ago
- LEWE: the biometric wristbandPosted 1 month ago
DIMBODY: finally an OpenSource 3d desktop scanner funding on Indiegogo
Despite the Indiegogo Campaign has a challenging target, the Dimbody project seems really great and god only knows how much do we need an open source 3D scanner for the masses.
DIMBODY is a 3d scanner, a digitalizer tha allows you to take a physical object, and turn it into a digital 3D model on your computer.
DIMBODY is based on triangulation between laser plane and a CMOS monochromatic sensor, it acquires point coordinates of an object (point cloud). The point cloud is then transformed in a 3d surface by the software and saved as a STL file. Then you can print it in your 3d printer, or scale, transform, modify it in a CAD software.
Thanks to rotating turret DIMBODY accuracy is outstanding and thanks to rotating platform scannig phase is totally automated.
If you are a maker, you really need to have a DIMBODY to unleash your fantasy and avoid to loose time in 3d cad drawing