- Here are the Winners from the 3Drag 3d printing contestPosted 4 days ago
- Raspberry Pi and the Camera Pi module: face recognition tutorialPosted 6 days ago
- 3Drag is now printing with Chocolate!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Computer Vision with Raspberry Pi and the Camera Pi modulePosted 3 weeks ago
- Are you ready for the Future? Meet RandA at Maker Faire RomePosted 1 month ago
- Extending the Deadline for the 3D Contest- apply until 10/20Posted 1 month ago
- Obrary, on a challenge: marketing Open Design (or Open Source Hardware)Posted 1 month ago
- We’re at World Maker Faire this Weekend!Posted 1 month ago
- MatterMachine is the Third Industrial Revolution, customized for youPosted 2 months ago
- TiDiGino: remote control based on Arduino increases the performancePosted 2 months ago
DIMBODY: finally an OpenSource 3d desktop scanner funding on Indiegogo
Despite the Indiegogo Campaign has a challenging target, the Dimbody project seems really great and god only knows how much do we need an open source 3D scanner for the masses.
DIMBODY is a 3d scanner, a digitalizer tha allows you to take a physical object, and turn it into a digital 3D model on your computer.
DIMBODY is based on triangulation between laser plane and a CMOS monochromatic sensor, it acquires point coordinates of an object (point cloud). The point cloud is then transformed in a 3d surface by the software and saved as a STL file. Then you can print it in your 3d printer, or scale, transform, modify it in a CAD software.
Thanks to rotating turret DIMBODY accuracy is outstanding and thanks to rotating platform scannig phase is totally automated.
If you are a maker, you really need to have a DIMBODY to unleash your fantasy and avoid to loose time in 3d cad drawing