- Fish’n TweetsPosted 2 days ago
- Exploring the Open Source Ethernet BroadcasterPosted 1 week ago
- Fishino: let’s look inside the featuresPosted 2 weeks ago
- The 3Drag Big: stretching 3Drag’s printing capabilitiesPosted 3 weeks ago
- Creating a geolocalized relay, thanks to Microsoft Virtual Shield for ArduinoPosted 4 weeks ago
- Happy Open Year! Top 10 OpenSource projectsPosted 1 month ago
- Top Projects for a Merry ChristmasPosted 2 months ago
- Microsoft tastes the raspberryPosted 2 months ago
- Presepino: the nativity scene with ArduinoPosted 2 months ago
- Adding Internet connectivity to Arduino boards and apps with the YUN ShieldPosted 2 months ago
DIMBODY: finally an OpenSource 3d desktop scanner funding on Indiegogo
Despite the Indiegogo Campaign has a challenging target, the Dimbody project seems really great and god only knows how much do we need an open source 3D scanner for the masses.
DIMBODY is a 3d scanner, a digitalizer tha allows you to take a physical object, and turn it into a digital 3D model on your computer.
DIMBODY is based on triangulation between laser plane and a CMOS monochromatic sensor, it acquires point coordinates of an object (point cloud). The point cloud is then transformed in a 3d surface by the software and saved as a STL file. Then you can print it in your 3d printer, or scale, transform, modify it in a CAD software.
Thanks to rotating turret DIMBODY accuracy is outstanding and thanks to rotating platform scannig phase is totally automated.
If you are a maker, you really need to have a DIMBODY to unleash your fantasy and avoid to loose time in 3d cad drawing