- Red Pitaya: the opensource electronic laboratoryPosted 3 days ago
- A Robotic lawn mower powered by Solar Energy with an Arduino heartPosted 3 weeks ago
- Exclusive interview: Pete Lomas, co-founder of Raspberry Pi on Mission, Openness, CommunitiesPosted 3 weeks ago
- The perfect Remote, Programmable, Controller for interactive LED stripsPosted 1 month ago
- 3D contest relaunchedPosted 1 month ago
- Print flex filaments with 3Drag/K8200Posted 1 month ago
- Interview to Open TronsPosted 1 month ago
- An Easy and Customizable Arduino powered Weather Station connected with XivelyPosted 2 months ago
- Internet Radio with Raspberry PiPosted 2 months ago
- A Great I/O expansion Shield for RaspberryPi based on I2CPosted 2 months ago
DIMBODY: finally an OpenSource 3d desktop scanner funding on Indiegogo
Despite the Indiegogo Campaign has a challenging target, the Dimbody project seems really great and god only knows how much do we need an open source 3D scanner for the masses.
DIMBODY is a 3d scanner, a digitalizer tha allows you to take a physical object, and turn it into a digital 3D model on your computer.
DIMBODY is based on triangulation between laser plane and a CMOS monochromatic sensor, it acquires point coordinates of an object (point cloud). The point cloud is then transformed in a 3d surface by the software and saved as a STL file. Then you can print it in your 3d printer, or scale, transform, modify it in a CAD software.
Thanks to rotating turret DIMBODY accuracy is outstanding and thanks to rotating platform scannig phase is totally automated.
If you are a maker, you really need to have a DIMBODY to unleash your fantasy and avoid to loose time in 3d cad drawing