- An intelligent XMAS Lamp to Light up your Christmas!Posted 1 day ago
- What is new in Raspberry Pi B+Posted 1 week ago
- Using Aurel RFTide along with Arduino: the RFTide ShieldPosted 3 weeks ago
- Pixy camera: detect the colour of the objects and track their positionPosted 4 weeks ago
- Creating small mesh networks with Aurel RFTidePosted 1 month ago
- Turn your Raspberry PI in an Oscilloscope with BitScopePosted 1 month ago
- Let’s discover Aurel RFTidePosted 1 month ago
- Powering Arduino with Batteries thanks to a Battery ShieldPosted 2 months ago
- Here are the Winners from the 3Drag 3d printing contestPosted 2 months ago
- Raspberry Pi and the Camera Pi module: face recognition tutorialPosted 2 months ago
DIMBODY: finally an OpenSource 3d desktop scanner funding on Indiegogo
Despite the Indiegogo Campaign has a challenging target, the Dimbody project seems really great and god only knows how much do we need an open source 3D scanner for the masses.
DIMBODY is a 3d scanner, a digitalizer tha allows you to take a physical object, and turn it into a digital 3D model on your computer.
DIMBODY is based on triangulation between laser plane and a CMOS monochromatic sensor, it acquires point coordinates of an object (point cloud). The point cloud is then transformed in a 3d surface by the software and saved as a STL file. Then you can print it in your 3d printer, or scale, transform, modify it in a CAD software.
Thanks to rotating turret DIMBODY accuracy is outstanding and thanks to rotating platform scannig phase is totally automated.
If you are a maker, you really need to have a DIMBODY to unleash your fantasy and avoid to loose time in 3d cad drawing