- Chat with Dave Hakkens: that’s why Phonebloks it’s about Co-Design and OpenSourcePosted 1 day ago
- The Story behind Atadiat: bringing Open Source Hardware to SyriaPosted 1 week ago
- A four channel (I/O) RN-42 Bluetooth interface controlled by an Android appPosted 1 week ago
- Press a button and Send a Tweet thanks to Arduino YÚNPosted 2 weeks ago
- A Low-Fi Arduino Powered Vertical PlotterPosted 3 weeks ago
- Focus on Arduino YÚN: a board for all, that makes life easierPosted 3 weeks ago
- How to design and 3D print a Case for an electronic boardPosted 1 month ago
- Rome crowns Massimo Emperor of MakersPosted 1 month ago
- FarmBot Founder Rory Aronson explains Precision AgriculturePosted 1 month ago
- Using The Raspberry Pi GSM Shield with TTY “CuteCom” extensionPosted 1 month ago
DIMBODY: finally an OpenSource 3d desktop scanner funding on Indiegogo
Despite the Indiegogo Campaign has a challenging target, the Dimbody project seems really great and god only knows how much do we need an open source 3D scanner for the masses.
DIMBODY is a 3d scanner, a digitalizer tha allows you to take a physical object, and turn it into a digital 3D model on your computer.
DIMBODY is based on triangulation between laser plane and a CMOS monochromatic sensor, it acquires point coordinates of an object (point cloud). The point cloud is then transformed in a 3d surface by the software and saved as a STL file. Then you can print it in your 3d printer, or scale, transform, modify it in a CAD software.
Thanks to rotating turret DIMBODY accuracy is outstanding and thanks to rotating platform scannig phase is totally automated.
If you are a maker, you really need to have a DIMBODY to unleash your fantasy and avoid to loose time in 3d cad drawing