- The Open Source Snow Plow Robot: discovering the FirmwarePosted 1 week ago
- 32,000 Open Source Hardware Designs available on Upverter!Posted 1 week ago
- RandA: Merging Raspberry Pi and ArduinoPosted 2 weeks ago
- PCB Recycling: The Core of Your Electronics Is More Valuable Than You ThinkPosted 4 weeks ago
- Most Exciting Products and Open Source Highlights at CES 2015Posted 4 weeks ago
- Embedded MP3 Player & RecorderPosted 1 month ago
- Welcome to the Arduino MRF24J40 Wireless ShieldPosted 1 month ago
- Top Ten most exciting news in Open Hardware in 2014Posted 1 month ago
- A simple 1 Channel remote control Receiver at 433,92 MHzPosted 1 month ago
- Here comes the open source Snow Plow RobotPosted 2 months ago
DIMBODY: finally an OpenSource 3d desktop scanner funding on Indiegogo
Despite the Indiegogo Campaign has a challenging target, the Dimbody project seems really great and god only knows how much do we need an open source 3D scanner for the masses.
DIMBODY is a 3d scanner, a digitalizer tha allows you to take a physical object, and turn it into a digital 3D model on your computer.
DIMBODY is based on triangulation between laser plane and a CMOS monochromatic sensor, it acquires point coordinates of an object (point cloud). The point cloud is then transformed in a 3d surface by the software and saved as a STL file. Then you can print it in your 3d printer, or scale, transform, modify it in a CAD software.
Thanks to rotating turret DIMBODY accuracy is outstanding and thanks to rotating platform scannig phase is totally automated.
If you are a maker, you really need to have a DIMBODY to unleash your fantasy and avoid to loose time in 3d cad drawing