- The perfect Remote, Programmable, Controller for interactive LED stripsPosted 2 days ago
- 3Drag contest relaunchedPosted 1 week ago
- Print flex filaments with 3Drag/K8200Posted 2 weeks ago
- Interview to Open TronsPosted 2 weeks ago
- An Easy and Customizable Arduino powered Weather Station connected with XivelyPosted 3 weeks ago
- Internet Radio with Raspberry PiPosted 4 weeks ago
- A Great I/O expansion Shield for RaspberryPi based on I2CPosted 1 month ago
- Interview to Fa)(a 3d, the first Open Source 3d Printer using a magnetic levitation systemPosted 1 month ago
- Single and Double Channel Automatic and Open ReceiversPosted 2 months ago
- Adding telemetry to OpenWheels and feel like a PROPosted 2 months ago
DIMBODY: finally an OpenSource 3d desktop scanner funding on Indiegogo
Despite the Indiegogo Campaign has a challenging target, the Dimbody project seems really great and god only knows how much do we need an open source 3D scanner for the masses.
DIMBODY is a 3d scanner, a digitalizer tha allows you to take a physical object, and turn it into a digital 3D model on your computer.
DIMBODY is based on triangulation between laser plane and a CMOS monochromatic sensor, it acquires point coordinates of an object (point cloud). The point cloud is then transformed in a 3d surface by the software and saved as a STL file. Then you can print it in your 3d printer, or scale, transform, modify it in a CAD software.
Thanks to rotating turret DIMBODY accuracy is outstanding and thanks to rotating platform scannig phase is totally automated.
If you are a maker, you really need to have a DIMBODY to unleash your fantasy and avoid to loose time in 3d cad drawing