- 3Drag K8200: the most amazing Mods and HacksPosted 4 days ago
- UDOO: a Linux/Arduino compatible board on SteroidsPosted 5 days ago
- Rome Maker Faire 2014 Call for makers is out!Posted 1 week ago
- Interview with MEG: the Connected, Open Source, DIY GreenhousePosted 2 weeks ago
- Why choose to be Open Source in the Hardware IndustryPosted 2 weeks ago
- Raspberry Pi as an Audio/Media Center: the best Linux distrosPosted 3 weeks ago
- Interact and remotely control Arduino YUN with AjaxPosted 4 weeks ago
- Arduino Yún: the best hacks you will ever seePosted 4 weeks ago
- Saving Bees in Open Source: Interview to Tristan Copley Smith and Open Source Beehives projectPosted 1 month ago
- Using REST with Arduino YunPosted 1 month ago
DIMBODY: finally an OpenSource 3d desktop scanner funding on Indiegogo
Despite the Indiegogo Campaign has a challenging target, the Dimbody project seems really great and god only knows how much do we need an open source 3D scanner for the masses.
DIMBODY is a 3d scanner, a digitalizer tha allows you to take a physical object, and turn it into a digital 3D model on your computer.
DIMBODY is based on triangulation between laser plane and a CMOS monochromatic sensor, it acquires point coordinates of an object (point cloud). The point cloud is then transformed in a 3d surface by the software and saved as a STL file. Then you can print it in your 3d printer, or scale, transform, modify it in a CAD software.
Thanks to rotating turret DIMBODY accuracy is outstanding and thanks to rotating platform scannig phase is totally automated.
If you are a maker, you really need to have a DIMBODY to unleash your fantasy and avoid to loose time in 3d cad drawing