- Buiding an arcade coin-op machine to rediscover the 80-90s with RetroPiePosted 2 days ago
- Which is the best (open source) 3D printer?Posted 5 days ago
- The ESP WiFi Shield: the best value for money and low energy consumptionPosted 2 weeks ago
- Creating a Network of Nodes with LoRa ShieldPosted 3 weeks ago
- Using LoRa shield in Packet ModePosted 4 weeks ago
- Full Graphic Smart Controller display for 3Drag 3DprinterPosted 1 month ago
- Wi-Lamp, the Open Source Wi-Fi LED lampPosted 1 month ago
- An Android app to manage the GSM Remote ControlPosted 2 months ago
- The LoRa shield: an Open Source Arduino’s long-range communication modulePosted 2 months ago
- The soul of the open source automatic bartender: the DRINK MAKER softwarePosted 2 months ago
Chord Collar – Pet Wearable on Kickstarter
Wearables are one of the main technological trends nowadays and we were wondering when someone would have proposed a solution for our beloved pets. Our friend Jared Marmen from Baltimore, founder of Barttron Inc. published a really interesting project on Kickstarter!
Chord is a smart collar for dogs and cats that allows you to create an invisible fence wherever you go. But it’s so much more than that: Chord is like having a professional trainer ride along with your pet 24/7. Chord keeps your pet happy, healthy, and engaged in your life while reducing the aspects of pet ownership that you find annoying or inconvenient. The technology is at our disposal to improve the quality of our pets’ lives, and to improve animal welfare in the world at large.
The Chord pet wearable and related apps will coach pet owners through training their pets using positive rewards methods, keep pets safe behind invisible boundaries and on invisible leashes, and track our pets. Most importantly, Chord is being development in parallel with an open source project. The AndRover animal open source wearable project is being developed, in part with funding received via the Chord Kickstarter campaign, to extend the Android open source project for animals. The possibilities for developers to create new apps and other products that will benefit people and pets are endless. It is critical to begin the revolution in animal wearable with a solid open source platform. The Chord wearable project for dogs and cats is open on Kickstarter through February 29.
- Chord uses the best technology from your smartphone — minus the expensive and fragile screen — with pet specific capabilities. Chord gets all the connectivity needed from WiFi and Bluetooth, without the need for a data plan or other recurring charges.
- Chord gives you the ability to communicate with your pet through personalized sound and scientifically developed vibration patterns designed for dogs and cats. Your pet communicates back to you through sound, biometrics, location, and motion (sensor data).
- Chord guides you step by step through positive rewards based training. Chord then helps maintain the behavior that you want in your pet, even when you are not around.
- Chord uses GPS and other signals to establish boundaries such as invisible leashes and fences. Chord measures your pet’s heart-rate, activity, and more.