- A 32-BIT FISHINO! WiFi, SD card, RTC, audio codec, LiPo and more…Posted 1 day ago
- A full featured mp3 DemoboardPosted 1 week ago
- A 32-BIT FISHINO board for your powerful IoT!Posted 4 weeks ago
- FairWind: when marine electronics, open source and the University meetPosted 4 weeks ago
- The Discovery of the Future: Stretchable integrated circuitPosted 4 weeks ago
- Robots are going to replace developers quicklyPosted 4 weeks ago
- 3D Prints with Computational HydrographicsPosted 1 month ago
- Open Source into Microsoft’s reality finallyPosted 1 month ago
- Guide to Mobile Apps for 3D DesigningPosted 1 month ago
- A FPGA controlled RGB LED MATRIX for Incredible Effects – the SoftwarePosted 1 month ago
Another 3D Scanner looks for funds on Kickstarter: Robocular
Unfortunately, this piece of work doesn’t seem open source. Well, said that, the scans on Sketchfab loo pretty good:
An affordable, high-resolution, full color and texture 3D Scanner that can automatically create 3D models of every day objects.
Bringing high quality 3D scanning to everyone
We created the Robocular 3D scanner for people who, like us, were not satisfied with the existing solutions available for 3D scanning. Today, you can either buy a high-quality, but very expensive machine for several thousands of dollars, or you can buy a low-cost scanner but with low-mid accuracy components. Many high-resolution scanners don’t even support color, let alone texture. In 2012, we decided to build a device that just worked, and had the precision of the very high end scanners, at the cost of a few hundred dollars and would be so simple it could be used by everyone. After ten different prototypes, we are now ready to share this scanner with you.
What is it?
Our product is a high quality 3D Scanner that just works. You open it, put an object in it then hit scan, and it will automatically create a 3D model of that object for you on your computer. It’s that simple. The model will be of high-resolution and in full color and texture. Here is a picture: