- 2,8W Class D AmplifierPosted 6 days ago
- An Electronic LED Roulette you can self buildPosted 2 weeks ago
- An Open Source Sprinkler System powered by YúnPosted 3 weeks ago
- LED MATRIX: giant & stand-alone panelsPosted 4 weeks ago
- A 32-BIT FISHINO! WiFi, SD card, RTC, audio codec, LiPo and more…Posted 1 month ago
- A full featured mp3 DemoboardPosted 1 month ago
- A 32-BIT FISHINO board for your powerful IoT!Posted 2 months ago
- FairWind: when marine electronics, open source and the University meetPosted 2 months ago
- The Discovery of the Future: Stretchable integrated circuitPosted 2 months ago
- Robots are going to replace developers quicklyPosted 2 months ago
An OpenSource powered Bitcoin ATM thanks to openPicus Flyport
Our friends at Openpicus just powered a super fast hack to create an Open Source Hardware powered ATM for Bitcoin! First in Italy.
How it works?
A banknote reader engine had to be interfaced to Flyport. The problem was that no documentation was provided so we spent 4 hours sniffing the protocol. At the end it was a serial protocol (CCTalk).
Then Flyport had to send data through HTTP to a remote server that converts the Euro value into Bitcoin at the current exchange rate. This was made in 5 minutes thanks to our new Http Library.