- An open source Rain Sensor and controllerPosted 3 days ago
- An OTP (On Time Password) LockPosted 2 weeks ago
- Print with Chocolate in two colours with 3Drag Choco Big Dual ExtruderPosted 3 weeks ago
- A Christmas Star with Neopixel LEDsPosted 1 month ago
- SmartPID: Smart Temperature and Process ControllerPosted 1 month ago
- An Electric Speed Control for DC motorsPosted 1 month ago
- The BF 15+15W open source power ampPosted 2 months ago
- The Strato Pi UPS boardPosted 2 months ago
- Analyzing Semiconductor with a set of simple toolsPosted 3 months ago
- A RTC SHIELD for Arduino and Raspberry Pi, second partPosted 3 months ago
An OpenSource powered Bitcoin ATM thanks to openPicus Flyport
Our friends at Openpicus just powered a super fast hack to create an Open Source Hardware powered ATM for Bitcoin! First in Italy.
How it works?
A banknote reader engine had to be interfaced to Flyport. The problem was that no documentation was provided so we spent 4 hours sniffing the protocol. At the end it was a serial protocol (CCTalk).
Then Flyport had to send data through HTTP to a remote server that converts the Euro value into Bitcoin at the current exchange rate. This was made in 5 minutes thanks to our new Http Library.