- BananaPi, the latest software updatesPosted 3 days ago
- Embedded MP3 Player & Recorder: The firmwarePosted 1 week ago
- Embedded MP3 Player & Recorder: How it worksPosted 2 weeks ago
- Syringe Heater for 3Drag chocolate printerPosted 3 weeks ago
- Arietta G25 – The latest Embedded Linux BoardPosted 1 month ago
- Learning how to use the RandA BoardPosted 1 month ago
- Assembling the Choco 3Drag Printing SyringePosted 1 month ago
- Top 5 Wireless Ways to Communicate with your ControllerPosted 2 months ago
- The Open Source Snow Plow Robot: discovering the FirmwarePosted 2 months ago
- 32,000 Open Source Hardware Designs available on Upverter!Posted 2 months ago
Adafruit presents Gemma, a new miniature wearable electronic platform
Adafruit launches a new platform for the development of wearable devices:
Gemma is a tiny wearable platform board with a lot of might in a 1″ diameter package. Powered by a Attiny85 and programmable with an Arduino IDE over USB, you’ll be able to realize any wearable project!
The interesting thing about GEMMA is not the functionality itself (as it sports only three I/O pins – that seems the highest limitation) but the size.
In fact Gemma is just half the size of Lilypad (1 inch vs 2 inch) and it opens new interesting opportunities with regards to ultra small / lightweight applications. Are you working with wearable devices?